B&S air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father gave me his John Deere JS63 self propelled mower. It has a B&S OHV 6.75 hp motor that surprisingly runs fantastic! Considering it has sat for 5 years. Thankfully it had no fuel in it I just changed the oil that did not look bad either I just added gas and one pull it started. My question is would this motor have an air cleaner? I can't seem to find one?

Ok found it it was under a cover and oval shaped with a foam cover. Darn thing looks like new! Thanks.

That 6.75 is an amazing small engine. If it doesn't start up with one gentle pull of the rope, replace the spark plug with a plain ol' Champion or Autolite RJ19LM. Those things run foreeeeeveeer
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
That 6.75 is an amazing small engine. If it doesn't start up with one gentle pull of the rope, replace the spark plug with a plain ol' Champion or Autolite RJ19LM. Those things run foreeeeeveeer
thumbsup2.gif

Tell me about it. Several years ago,a local Sears store had a slightly used mower with that engine. Gas was drained and displayed in store. I was slowly pulling the rope to check compression and the darn thing started up on me in the store. I ended up buying a new one and it has always started on the first pull.

Last edited:
I think B&S has made some good engines over the years, maybe not so much now but we all now why. I bought a used Snapper High Vac from a neighbor that had a 3.5 that was shot. I had a local dealer put a new B&S 5hp I/C on it in 91 and had it without an issue until 2007. It started smoking a bit on start up after about 10 years but didn't really show it was using oil until several years later when it started smoking so bad I couldn't stand mowing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back