Ford OEM filter, 2017 F-250 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 2017 Ford F-250 with 6.2 gas engine. Ran factory fill for 8,000 miles and we changed it. Put Maxlife blend 5w30 and a FRAM ultra in and on. Enjoy the pics and looks like a WIX to me

Yeah the oil looks great for 8,000 miles but I'm just doing the armchair quarterback thing again... can't say anything without an analysis. But it looks real good!
laugh.gif

I thought the OE filter on my 2014 Focus and 2016 Escape looked like a Champion Labs filter (and not a Wix)....I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I thought the OE filter on my 2014 Focus and 2016 Escape looked like a Champion Labs filter (and not a Wix)....I could be wrong.

You are right, I was wrong. Good catch nyogtha and you my friend
wink.gif

Car51 That is a good looking filter. I did think Ford was using an eCore for the factory fill. Obviously not. Did they put a part number on the can? Thanks for the cut & post.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Almost positive that Champ Labs makes the factory Ford filters (one size fits many).

This was my understanding too.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Car51 That is a good looking filter. I did think Ford was using an eCore for the factory fill. Obviously not. Did they put a part number on the can? Thanks for the cut & post.

Sir and friend: no part # just trash can printed on label you see in next to last pic. I have a NAPA PRO SELECT from a 2017 F-250 6.7 diesel reg cab truck to c&p tomorrow that had 9,000 miles on it with DELO XLE 10w30. Stay tuned folks and fellow oil nerds
smile.gif

GO PENGUINS, up 1-0 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back