2013 F150 5.0 Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 5.8k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan_FX4

$50 Site Donor 2022
Hi all, here's the first UOA that I've had run on my 13 F150 5.0 with 45,365 miles at the time of sample and 5,809 miles on the oil. My driving is mostly short trips (less than 15 miles/day), with ocassional highway driving on weekends and a decent amount of driving down dirt roads. This was the second run of P.P. 5W-20 with a Motorcraft Fl-500s filter.

I purchased the truck with 29,xxx miles just over a year ago, and overall have been very pleased with the truck, and especially the 5.0 liter V8. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing!

Looks good! I'll be getting some UOAs on my own 5.0 for the next few changes....

Thanks for posting your analysis. I have a '13 with the 5.0 that I purchased with 81k on it back in March. I plan to run my first oci to around 6k miles and sample the oil to see how it compares to Blackstone's averages. I'm loving the 5.0 as well.

Your report says no make up oil was added, but was it down any at drain time? Someone on here said their Coyote drank the Platinum, while other oils were fine.

I believe the viscosity is higher (just) than the reading for new PP 5w20, which means you are in the early part of the window when the oil should be changed.

What did the OLM or owner's manual suggest as the change interval?

Thanks all for the replies!

Dustyroads, when the oil was changed the dip stick was reading just below the full line. However, the truck for whatever reason did use about half a quart on the oci previous to this when I had switched over from Motorcraft 5W-20. I don't know if this was simply due to a change in oil formulations or another unknown cause, but it seems to have leveled out as it was barely noticeable on the last oci, and is still reading full on the current oci. I'll continue trending for a while, but overall I don't feel that I could get any better results than what Pennzoil Platinum is providing.

Onug and Charliebauer, I believe the OLM was reading around 36% remaining when I changed it.

Jordan, thanks for the answer. I'm glad to hear that the Platinum works well for your engine. Anytime you switch oils, there can be an adjustment period where the engine may use a little of the new oil before stabilizing. Some engines don't care what you put in and never use any oil regardless of the brand/type, others do. Your engine didn't use much when you switched and seems happy with the Platinum. I was using the same oil in my Taurus and may go with it again in my pickup this summer. Thanks again.

Excellent UOA! I love how consistently Ultra Platinum shows low wear numbers. My wife's Ford Fusion has gotten a steady diet of it since 2011(ish) and consistently churns out below average wear UOA's. Spotless internally as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back