toyota 90915-yzzf2 cut open unknown miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stewie

Nice I got a similar one, I hope that it will work on my OEM filter which is pretty similar to that one.

The wrench that looks like a cup works on Frams but just spins around the oem one.

8031426.jpg

That one should work. As you start loosening it, use your other hand, and squeeze the jaws together, and it should lock and hold. The same type filter wrench slips on my filter too, but squeeze the jaws, and it locks and holds very good. I like this type better than the one with the fingers because the filter is supported better. Also, with either filter wrench, put a disposable rubber glove around the filter, and that will help the filter wrench get a bite on the filter.

Last edited:
I ran a Motorcraft FL-1A for almost 30,000 miles on a 2-bbl 400M,
and it didn't have that much stuff in there!

WOW!!

That oil is doing a good job cleaning that engine out.

Did you show your neighbor?
What oil/filter was put back in?

I agree with the others about a short oil change (and maybe a few depending on what the next one looks like).

If it were mine, I would run a 1000 mile interval of cheap oil (ST or the like) and a ST filter (a ST3600 should fit that motor) and see what it looks like.

It could just be a case of oil being run too long, or there could be other issues going on.

Brybo86 - this engine is going to need many short oil and filter changes before it cleans up.

Mechanical cleaning of the engine is warranted in my view.

Pull the valve cover and clean what can be cleaned.

Pull the pan and clean what can be cleaned.

This would be a good chance to service the oil pump's oil pressure regulator valve.

Doing the mechanical cleaning would help speed up the process.

There is enough dirt there to completely overwhelm the filter in a short amount of time.

bullwinkle's advice sounds good to me.

Once you see the filters are not being overwhelmed with dirt, then begin to increase the OCI / FCI. 1000, 2000, 3000 mile, etc.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled

Hahaha!

I'll bet this car is lucky the guy actually changes his oil "once in a while".

I wouldn't expect anyone would convince him it needs to come apart just to "do some cleaning".

As long as it runs, he'll drive it.

People will never learn not to tighten oil filters with tools. Oil filters should only be tightened by hand. Tools and wrenches are for removal only.

On my carbureted Toyota, I always use the OEM air filter. It's the only air filter that assures a proper seal. I also make sure that the gaskets are properly positioned.

Carbon can be caused by faulty emission systems or an out-of-tune engine.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: WellOiled

Hahaha!

I'll bet this car is lucky the guy actually changes his oil "once in a while".

I wouldn't expect anyone would convince him it needs to come apart just to "do some cleaning".

As long as it runs, he'll drive it.

Linctex - when I made the quote, I was visualizing the valves, springs and rockers encrusted with sludge. Just a feable attempt to be polite.
blush.gif

The filter is telling a story.

has he looked at the PCV and associated hoses--? I bet they are just as bad. IF the PCV is clogged up, the engine will never clean up
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back