RIP Roger Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up watching Roger Moore play James Bond and this saddens me deeply. I just finished binge watching all of the JB movies last night over the course of a week starting with Dr. No and ending with Spectre. Rest in peace Sir Roger Moore, thank you indeed for the entertainment, and though you may be gone, you will never be forgotten.

Oh, man. He was the James Bond I first saw before I really got interested in the series. If you've never seen it, there is another film, "Ffolkes", where he plays a special ops agent. Very different kind of character if you're used seeing him playing Bond.

RIP Roger. He was my favorite Bond,the one I grew up with. I remember our family going to the drive in and seeing "Live and Let Die". He was awesome in the Cannonball Run too!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
RIP Roger. He was my favorite Bond,the one I grew up with. I remember our family going to the drive in and seeing "Live and Let Die". He was awesome in the Cannonball Run too!

Live and Let Die was his best Bond, IMO.

RIP The Saint.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I agree with you guys, he was the best bond actor. A View to a Kill was the best!

Best theme song...thought he was really showing his age in that one.

I thought his Bond films tried to be more humorous than thrilling. That said, I did like 90% of The Spy Who Loved Me- even though it was essentially a remake of You Only Live Twice. And For Your Eyes Only is one of the best of all the Bond films.

He was Bond when I first became old enough to pick the movies I wanted to see. Moonraker was the first Bond movie I saw in a theatre. (Drive-in theatre, actually.) My favorite of the Moore Bonds is For Your Eyes Only.

He was great before he played Bond, though. The Saint and Maverick (he played Beau Maverick) are both classic TV series.

He was the last Bond i ever paid attention to. Sean and Roger are the only true 007s in my book.

He was my favorite bond, mostly because his movies were out when I was a kid. It's sad news. I picked up a few Roger Moore 007 movies over Christmas at a nice price. Tonight might be the time to watch one.

A pal had the first season of The Saint on VHS and turned young people onto his existence. I watched 'em faithfully back in their day.

Did you know the St. (abbv. for saint) came from his initials, Simon Templer.

In one episode a clutch of badguys were about to be busted and one called out, "It's the Saint!". 'Twas the only time I ever heard his "name" used.

The Saint movies from the 30's and 40's are cool too. In the first one, "The Saint in New York" (1932, IIRC) he's really just a killer who has the OK of the Police Commissioner. It's not Sir Roger Moore, however.

When I hear the name I envision an AMC Hornet doing a loop de loop,and a Mustang up on 2 wheels in an alleyway.

My favorite Bond.

Many years ago, I had a brief chat with him in London. We were there on our honeymoon, my Wife had caught an awful cold in Ireland, and I was walking to a drug store late one evening. I was near St. James Square and these two couples in formal wear were walking towards me when I recognized the booming voice from this tall and very, very distinguished gentlemen. He had a presence. He saw me looking at him and the conversation was (as best I remember):

Mr. Moore, smiling: "Yes, I am who you think I am."

Me: "Good evening Mr. Moore"

Mr. Moore: "A Yank, what brings you to London?"

Me: "We are on our honeymoon"

Mr. Moore: "...don't you have something better to do then be walking here?...Go!"

They all walked on laughing.

He will be missed.

w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back