Peak Full Synthetic ATF Multi-Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have a 2007 Chev Impala LS Flex Fuel that I am getting ready to do a second pan drop to change the ATF. Car has 55K on it but I am using it a lot more now as a daily driver than it was used in the past. It calls for DEXRON VI which I have used in the past but I have come upon a NAPA store that is selling Peak Full Synthetic ATF Multi-Vehicle for DEXRON VI / Mercon IV at just $0.99 for each 1 quart bottle. What are your thoughts on using this or just stick with the Dexron VI as I have done in the past.

Sure, use it - it is Dex VI per Peak (it is licensed). I'd buy as much as I could at that price.

It says it is licensed, so if it actually has the license on the bottle, I would use it for sure.
$1/qt is a steal for it. Buy a bunch at that price.
Where in Tx you at? Anywhere near Katy, because I would go buy some for that price, and I don't really need it (well, it will work in my Scion...)

That is a great price! And as already stated, Peak Synthetic is licensed Dexron VI
smile.gif

Even though the price is on their website the local store said they didn't show any available in the region.

It's a clearance price. I'm looking to do a pan drop fluid & filter change on my wife's Mustsang 6R80 & I've been shopping for Mercon LV licensed fluid. I noticed this price on NAPA web site and called several stores in my area. None in my area have it in stock and all say they can't order it as it's a clearance item.

Stock up while you can at that price. AAP used to carry this D6/MLV flavor of Peak ATF but have dropped it also. Makes me wonder if Peak is still manufacturing this fluid, or maybe if Peak dropped retail bottling of this fluid in favor of bulk only?

Yeah it is a clearance price and the young man at the store when I called was like sure we can order if for you , but just like others have said that was not correct and so I guess I will not be buying the Peak ATF. Dang thought I had found something great!

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
Yeah it is a clearance price and the young man at the store when I called was like sure we can order if for you , but just like others have said that was not correct and so I guess I will not be buying the Peak ATF. Dang thought I had found something great!

Maxlife in gallons is around $4/Quart if you have it available otherwise Supertech licensed DexronVI is everyday low price around $4.25

Best current price I can find on a Mercon LV licensed fluid is PP LV @ Pep Boys for $6 / qt. after discount code. AAP only carries Motorcraft Mercon LV and excludes it from discounts @ $7.49 / qt. Super Tech LV @ WM doesn't show a Mercon LV license number on neither the quart nor gallon bottles and isn't really less expensive than the PP LV @ Pep Boys right now.

I would stick with name brands - looks like every tom-****-harry can make these products in their barns.

Never a fan of PEAK products, wonder why they are in the AFT space.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
I would stick with name brands - looks like every tom-****-harry can make these products in their barns.

Never a fan of PEAK products, wonder why they are in the AFT space.

Dex 6 is all the same licensed product , including tom-****-harry's magic brew.

Last edited:
NAPA was dumping peak oil back around January for $.99/qt as well. You probably found some old stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back