2017 Honda Pilot-oil filter advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use K&N oil fitlers on all of my drag race cars and my YUKON XL 2500 --thinking about using K & N Oil filter on my new Honda Pilot....looking for Honda filter advice.only 1000 miles on so far....thanks in advance.
Phil

WIX (also sold as NAPA Gold), FRAM Tough Guard, or FRAM Ultra are all good choices.

K&N is overpriced and not as efficient as other filters on the market.

Last edited:
Why not go with OEM Honda oil filters? 1000 miles on a brand new car and the last thing I'd want to do is stick anything K&N on it.

Can't go wrong with a Napa gold. Napa sold me a platinum filter not long ago and I couldn't use it due to have a larger can size so stay away from that one.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Why not go with OEM Honda oil filters? 1000 miles on a brand new car and the last thing I'd want to do is stick anything K&N on it.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 455RACE
I use K&N oil fitlers on all of my drag race cars and my YUKON XL 2500 --thinking about using K & N Oil filter on my new Honda Pilot....looking for Honda filter advice.only 1000 miles on so far....thanks in advance.
Phil

If you pan on following the OLM and change your filter every second oil change, my top two recommendations would be Honda OEM and FRAM Ultra. The Ultra is rated for 15k miles.

Avoid K&N. They recently switched from Made in USA to Made in Mexico, sacrificing efficiency in the process while increasing prices.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Fram Ultra, available in cartons of six on EBay for about $6 per filter. Recommended for up to 15K miles by manufacturer. I use them in my Honda Ridgeline.

This.

Change the filter every other 7,500 mile oil change.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Fram Ultra, available in cartons of six on EBay for about $6 per filter. Recommended for up to 15K miles by manufacturer. I use them in my Honda Ridgeline.

+1 - I run Ultras in my Odyssey with the same VCM engine. I ran OEM A02 (available locally) for a couple of changes and they were "meh". I didn't feel like tracking down A01 filters when the Fram is so solid, inexpensive and readily available.

welcome2.gif

K&N's oil filters are not as good as they used to be, as they are mostly cheaply made in Korea now, but they did not lower the price.

The OEM Honda filter is the same as a Fram orange can, but with a silicone ADBV.

My choice would be Wix or Napa Gold (they are the same), but there is nothing wrong with a Fram Tough Guard or Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Fastcompany
Can't go wrong with a Napa gold. Napa sold me a platinum filter not long ago and I couldn't use it due to have a larger can size so stay away from that one.

Why would they have different can sizes for the same application? Is the 47356 really a larger can than the 7356?

If you are concerned about the warranty and wish to use genuine Honda parts, use the Honda A01 oil filter. The Honda A01 filter is a bit sturdier then the Honda A02 filter with paper end caps.

Otherwise, may I suggest the Fram Ultra 7317 or even the Fram Tough Guard 7317.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back