Do all octane levels of shell nitro have the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Shell's FAQs:
"Shell V-Power NiTRO+ contains the highest concentration of the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System and cleans up faster than Shell regular. In fact, Shell V-Power now contains seven times the amount of cleaning agents required by federal standards. The new Shell V-Power NiTRO+ formulation contains an innovative combination of two key cleaning agents that work together in harmony to provide the BEST TOTAL engine protection you can get. It provides unbeatable protection against gunk and corrosion, and superior protection against wear."

I remember when Shell brought a couple of us down to "The Pennzoil Experience" in Houston ...they said their premium had higher amounts of cleaners.

Copy & paste from Shell:
What makes Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline different than other Shell grades?
Shell V-Power NiTRO+ contains the highest concentration of the Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System and cleans up faster than Shell regular. In fact, Shell V-Power now contains seven times the amount of cleaning agents required by federal standards. The new Shell V-Power NiTRO+ formulation contains an innovative combination of two key cleaning agents that work together in harmony to provide the BEST TOTAL engine protection you can get. It provides unbeatable protection against gunk and corrosion, and superior protection against wear.

Keep in mind 89 octane is a blend of 87 and 91 or 93.

I would imagine it also depends on your area. When I last actively sought out Shell gas, the Nitro stuff was only on the premium grades. The 87 octane in my area is the 'competition grade' so every station competes for the lowest price on it (to bring in people who buy other stuff inside the store).

all levels are Top Tier.

gone are the days of only the highest octane having increased detergents, in order to upsell to the highest octane.

All of Shell gas is Top Tier however the premium have the highest level of additive. I was searching around for this information too and this is what I have found.

„ Among samples of regular unleaded
gasoline (those with an octane
rating of 87), Exxon had the highest
level of additives (20.0 milligrams per
100 milliliters), closely followed by BP
(17.2 mg) and Shell (16.2 mg). Trailing
substantially were Citgo (6.0 mg) and
Pilot (5.8 mg).
„ Among premium fuels (92
or 93 octane), Shell took the top spot
(31.0 mg), followed by BP (26.4 mg)
and Exxon (21.2 mg). Citgo (9.4 mg) and Pilot 92 (8.8
mg) lagged behind the other three brands — including
the trio’s regular gasoline samples.

Ok my 87 locally doesn't say nitro +. So if I wa t cleaning power I should go with 91??

Is all Shell gas in the US branded 'V Power'?

Here we have FuelSave 95 and VPower 99 and Shell claim that VPower has more additive than FuelSave. Maybe you could email Shell US and see what they say? Common sense suggests the top of the line product would be better fortified but there's no guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back