UPF48 vs PF48/48e

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried searching but nothing came up with searching for UPF48 which I thought was weird. Maybe a glitch?

Since there are no more PF48's out there and only the e-Core PF48's I've been looking at getting the UPF48's.

From reading around online it seems that only real difference is that they use a synthetic media and have a higher burst rating than the regular PF48. Is there any hard with running the UPF48 on my truck? I don't really want to run the e-Core on my truck if I can avoid it. I know people will say that there are countless people running the PF48e without problems but I'd rather not run one on my truck (person preference).

I did stock up on the PF48's at Wal-Mart as they were being discontinued but I'll run out soon since I use them on my truck and my dad's '07 Avalanche.

So, any negatives on running the UPF48 vs the PF48 (or even the PF48e)? This is on a 2008 Silverado 1500 w/ 5.3L.

Us e-cores on your dads truck to make your stash last longer
wink.gif

I could see switching to the Fram if I was using the e-core but since the UPF48 is supposedly the same as the old PF48 is there any reason not to unless there are major differences?

I definitely don't want to use the e-core filters and it's not easy to find the Fram Ultra's around me. Not many of the autopart stores sell them and Wal-Mart does keep many Ultras in stock.

You will be fine with the UPF-48. I have used many of the "U" type performance filters on my Corvettes: the UPF-52 on the 1995, and the UPF-48 on my Z06's.
Th only downside is the price
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back