PF48E Filter wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please verify the size of the wrench to remove a pf48e filter. I am guessing it is a 73mm 15 flute. If, I am correct where did you purchase yours? I can not find this size local.

You could try a more universal three-pronged filter tool that has a socket attachment.

The lisle tool which can be found at AAP for cheap comes to mind. Has been awesome for me.

A strap wrench that uses a material similar to a seat belt and has an adapter for a 1/2" drive also works good. Crushes the oil filter usually though. It's my go to in hard to reach areas when the filter is to tight for anything else. If it's in an easy area a normal oil filter wrench used near the base of the filter can remove just about the most stubborn filter without damage if that matters to you.

The single size cup filters get dust at my house. I bought the Lisle 63600 tool 20 plus years ago and it was probably the best tool I have ever bought. It is just a great tool and fits almost everything I work on. Highly recommended. Ive had other tools slip, but this tool will remove every filter it has ever tried.

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-63600-Oil-Filter-Tool/dp/B0002SR4Q8
41gd0o9Ph8L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back