Eagle One Wax as you dry durability results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little test to see how long Eagle One Wax as you dry spray wax lasts. It seemed pretty long lasting on past uses and others have said it is one of the more durable spray waxes and it has a decent shine. I treated this Accord with it back on 12/31/2016 and this pictures was after a rain storm on 3/31/2017 so right at 4 months. The car is garaged for 11 hours a day and is outside for approx. 13 hours per day. It was washed twice in that time period by hand with Maguire's Deep Crystal car soap.
The rain/water is still beading nicely and rolled off once the car began to move. The bottom pictures were that same day but the rain changed to a lighter mist type rain.
Overall I'm very impressed the Eagle One lasted 4 months and still going strong! Spray waxes have come a long way!

Last edited:
I tried the stuff when it first came out and didn't care for it. Had to go over it several times to get rid of the streaks. Night and day difference between that and Duragloss Aquawax which doesn't streak and seems much more user friendly.

I do like Eagle One A-Z Wheel Cleaner as Rolla mentioned.

Having said all this, the Eagle One spray wax probably disappeared after a week or two . The protection that you see above is from the Nufinish. Thank you gentlemen of the board.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I tried the stuff when it first came out and didn't care for it. Had to go over it several times to get rid of the streaks. Night and day difference between that and Duragloss Aquawax which doesn't streak and seems much more user friendly.

I do like Eagle One A-Z Wheel Cleaner as Rolla mentioned.

Having said all this, the Eagle One spray wax probably disappeared after a week or two . The protection that you see above is from the Nufinish. Thank you gentlemen of the board.

No NuFinish...it was stripped and clayed.

I am a fan of the Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry. I use it after most of my washes (1-2 per week) just to keep a good wax coating between my paint and the elements (Texas summers can be brutal).

Having said that, it seems like the OP's case of it lasting 4 months is an outlier/edge case for longevity. Maybe it was the prep before application (clay bar) or mild temps, who knows. But under normal circumstances, for the average user, I would think expecting it to last 4 months is going to be too much.

Just my $0.02, YMMV of course.

Good stuff
smile.gif

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4303435/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back