My rental car caught fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 2015 chevy Cruze rental and last night on my way to my moms house the front brakes started to drag a little not terribly bad but definetely enough. I drove it like this for 2 miles. My moms rod is a windy back road no shoulders or safe place to pull off. I figured when I got to my moms I would call enterprise and go from there. Well I pulled in to her driveway and the brakes were smoking and all the sudden boom they were on fire . So I pulled the car farther away from the other cars real quick and grabbed the house. In just that short amount of time it blew the brake hose Scorched the wheel and melted the tire sidewall some. Craziest thing I have ever seen in my life. I would have stopped but there was no safe place to pull off and I wasn't putting myself in more danger for a rental car . They ended up bringing a new rental car for me and I have to be honest it's a good little car I was actually impressed with it. It's a 17 Hyundai Accent. Really solid little car.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: ram_man
Really solid little car.

Except for the fire.

Did you fail to read? his first car was a chevy that caught fire

the hyundai was the replacement.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Where is your Dart?

Getting the rocker panel damage fixed at the body shop

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
You have horrible luck...

At some point you got to start looking at the common denominator...

Bad luck I do seem to have in spades but I don't think most of it is of my doing. The car having a serious menchanical malfunction wasn't really my fault

So I pulled the car farther away from the other cars real quick and grabbed the house.

That was quick thinking. I suppose you picked the house up and moved it away from the burning car?

Seriously, I'm glad you were safe. It doesn't sound like the rental company gave you any grief--tried to blame you for it...

I work for enterprise. Don't worry about the car and not pulling over. Its not like we get mad at you for a fault of the vehicles. These cars are strictly tools for our business and they sometimes have issues. At least you and your things are safe. Do you know how many miles were on it?

Last edited:

Originally Posted By: paulri
So I pulled the car farther away from the other cars real quick and grabbed the house.

That was quick thinking. I suppose you picked the house up and moved it away from the burning car?

lol.gif

I've rented dozens of cars and encountered some dog hair, cigarette smoke or someone that spilled a soda in the center console. Leave it up to ram_man to have one that catches fire.

It must be something with GovMo and brakes. I rented a Chevy Sonic two years ago that lost its brakes while driving. The rental company was quick to switch cars.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
I work for enterprise. Don't worry about the car and not pulling over. Its not like we get mad at you for a fault of the vehicles. These cars are strictly tools for our business and they sometimes have issues. At least you and your things are safe. Do you know how many miles were on it?

39,000 miles I joked with the tow driver that they should have named this car the spark instead of Cruze he wasn't impressed. He was wearing a chevy hat so obviously a [censored] boy with no sense of humor lol

Well, according to the ads on TV, Chevy is the hottest car around right now.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Well, according to the ads on TV, Chevy is the hottest car around right now.

Isn't that a song?

"Me car on fire -- Me brakes on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot"

Originally Posted By: Kira
What bad word could possibly have been used before "boy" to trigger censoring?

Just hit the quote button and it gives you the word. Started with a D so nothing too crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back