Mixing Mobil 1 and Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to change the oil in my Polaris Ranger 500cc dry sump. Calls for 0-40. I have approx. 1 qt of Amsoil 0-40 and 1 qt of Mobil1 0-40. It needs 2 qts so would be approx. a 50-50 mix. Think this would be ok in this application. The Amsoil is for Power sports engines.

The engine will not care because despite what you believe, it does not have any soul.

Although the Mobil1 fan over here will be mad at you for using Amsoil and the Amsoil fan and rep will be mad at you for using Mobil1. LOL!!!

Oh the horrors of letting that upper class Amsoil mingle with middle class mobil 1!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Neither company recommends blending but it's not something I'd lose sleep over at all
They do say their oil are compatible with other motor oils.

57.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Neither company recommends blending but it's not something I'd lose sleep over at all
They do say their oil are compatible with other motor oils.

Here's what they offer and mean by "compatible"
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3503628/Re:_The_oft_quoted_ASTM_D6922

That they can be mixed with a handfull of reference oils. Be frozen, heated, frozen again and thawed without blowing chunks, or splitting like salad dressing.

Compatible doesn't mean that the OP will meet any standards, or even "0W" in his mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back