Fram TG7317 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off 2003 Nissan Pathfinder with 125000 miles. It ran 4000 miles with Edge 5w30. This was the first oill filter I have ever cut open really need to buy a oil filter cutter. But it look good. Lots of waves in it and some so bunched up not sure they where doing much. But changed the oil put in GTX HM 10w40 with a XG.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: toneydoc
That oil can go way past 4000 miles

Yea my truck did not like it to much it burned about 2 times as much as it normally does so I just decided to go with what I have been running for years.

Nothin' wrong with good conv. oil.

I believe it is ALWAYS the case that engines ingest synthetic oils a lot when converted from conventional.

You're on top of your maintenance so all will be well oil wise.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
That looks fine for a budget filter
Not sure a TG is really a budget filter, it is more than twice as much as a Super Tech ST6607, & a couple dollars more than an Extra Guard EG7317-I would have been (and am) pretty disappointed that a Tough Guard looked that bad after only 4K.

Probably the best filter efficiency you're going to get at that price, but absolutely not a beauty queen, obviously.

Don't let looks fool you, though. I C&P'd a PH7317 that was a mother to tear with my bare hands. Media and fiber end caps were very very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back