Lucas UCL causing cat issues? (PICTURE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Surestick
Originally Posted By: panthermike
Agreed that the Lucas probably had nothing to do with the cat failure. Especially at 3-4 oz in a 30 gallon tank, which is a very low amount. Sucks the cat failed though, not cheap I imagine.

There isn't that much lead in leaded fuel yet it does a pretty good number on catalytic converters.
isn't lead pollution a chemical reaction, not carbon clogging? I have a clean, functioning original cat at 350K Lousy part.These slipped by while the robot was getting more welding wire.
grin2.gif

It sounds to me like a defective CC. I also doubt the Lucas UCL had anything to do with it, especially in the low dose treatments you're using.

Very little chance that Lucas did this to your cats, especially considering the dosage claimed (3-4 ounces per 30-gallon tank, which means around 25 actual gallons of fuel added at fillup).

My question: how do you drive the truck? Short trips? Lots of idling? Other "severe service" factors present? I've never had a cat go bad in any vehicle I've owned.

I drive the truck pretty normal IMO. About 70/30 Hwy/city, I don't beat on it. I does get a WOT run about once every week or so...a lot of road trips...I only use top tier, except when travelling when truck stops are the most convenient fuel to get. My OCI's remain at 5k, which is usually every 3-4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back