2003 Town Car A/C comp. won't turn-system's full!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a connector between the low pressure switch and the EATC. Is there voltage on the violet wire going to the EATC module?

Figured I'd update my thread.

Apparently if the ambient temp is not high enough the EATC will not call for the a/c compressor to engage. We've had warmer weather here lately, and the a/c is engaging, but....

it's short cycling - the compressor will run for about 10 seconds, then shut off for about 20 seconds, then back on. the a/c does blow cold when the compressor is engaged.

I had the shop check the charge yesterday, and it was low, so they vacuumed it and recharged it and found a very small leak on the suction line leaving the accumulator (where the rubber hose is crimped into the fitting).

Anyways, the a/c still behaves the same, even immediately after a full charge.

IIRC when the gauges were hooked up the low side was between 40-60 and the high side 150-170 - ambient temp was about 75f, a/c was on max with windows open.

From what I've read, the high side seems low and the low side seems a bit high.

Obviously I'll eventually have to replace the leaky hose, but what could be causing the low reading on the high side? Clogged orifice? Bad compressor?

Thanks for the advice so far everyone, a/c systems are kind of foreign to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back