AR-15's For $399.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grab a Gun and Palmetto are also playing. M&P Sport 2 is $399 and free freight from PSA and Grab a Gun has the Delton for $379 plus $8 shipping.

I saw TWO AR15's for $650 for both within the past few days. They were running it as a buy one, get one free sale. Maybe DPMS? Cant remember where I saw it. $325 for an AR15. There will come a day when we wished we stacked em deep at these prices.

Just do it
smile.gif

Just remember that with these bargain basement guns you do sacrifice certain specs. For example the bolt will not be made of C158 steel, probably not HP tested, shot peened or magnafluxed. To make these guns to a price point this low corners have to be cut. That said, if you only put 100 rounds down range per year they could be a good value but I wouldn't trust my life on them.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I should go Mini-14 shopping when my work calms down, are they also dropping in price?

Just not worth the money. I bought my stainless Ranch Rifle for $330 almost 20 years ago, and I should have sold it once they were bringing $600 plus.

Never waste you money on mags other than Ruger.... which are $$$$$

I bought 10ea Okay Ind. AR-15 mags (USGS) for only $50.

Clearly, with all the accessories & support, any AR-15 is likely a better buy than a Mini-14.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
For example the bolt will not be made of C158 steel, probably not HP tested, shot peened or magnafluxed. To make these guns to a price point this low corners have to be cut. That said, if you only put 100 rounds down range per year they could be a good value.... but I wouldn't trust my life on them.

Why Not?
Are you buying into the "Hype"?

I have some cheap AK-47 variants, and I have never had a failure of ANY kind.....
I seriously doubt they are made from steel any better than melted-down Trabants.

Any to think that parts must be shot-peened and magnafluxed to be reliable is simply laughable.

I have YET... YET to hear of a "major problem" developing with these cheaper AR-15 variants with under 10,000 rounds through them. 95+% (probably even more) of AR-15 owners won't put 10,000 rounds through in their lifetime.

The AR-15 fanbois seem to think anything is junk under $1500... it just isn't so.

Show me proof where these "under $800" AR-15's are consistently flying apart at the seams.
Sure, there's the occasional "lemon" - but everybody has those once in a while.

Last edited:
Just remember that with these bargain basement guns you do sacrifice certain specs. For example the bolt will not be made of C158 steel, probably not HP tested, shot peened or magnafluxed. To make these guns to a price point this low corners have to be cut. That said, if you only put 100 rounds down range per year they could be a good value but I wouldn't trust my life on them.

Granted I have a Colt 6920, but if I got one of these $399 specials, and bought a Young Manufacturing bcg, it strikes me as a good deal.

You are very much correct about getting what you pay for, however, many of us don't buy every firearm for the reason of protecting our lives with it. I have some that way, but sometimes it's just because they are fun to shoot and not afraid of getting it dirty.

Originally Posted By: brave sir robin
California though....

sad-bear.jpg

Fortunately all of mine were lost in a tragic boating accident before it was required to report them lost.

Linctex,
1. We aren't talking about AKs here
2. I don't buy into Hype and I am not a fanboy of anything.
3. Cheap parts break faster than quality built parts.

You haven't heard of any major problems with cheap AR parts? Google it. Photos of broken AR Bolts

AR-15s are just like cars. You can buy a cheap car like a Yugo or TaTa Or you can buy a more reliable car made in America, Japan or Europe. In the end you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
For example the bolt will not be made of C158 steel, probably not HP tested, shot peened or magnafluxed. To make these guns to a price point this low corners have to be cut. That said, if you only put 100 rounds down range per year they could be a good value.... but I wouldn't trust my life on them.

Why Not?
Are you buying into the "Hype"?

I have some cheap AK-47 variants, and I have never had a failure of ANY kind.....
I seriously doubt they are made from steel any better than melted-down Trabants.

Any to think that parts must be shot-peened and magnafluxed to be reliable is simply laughable.

I have YET... YET to hear of a "major problem" developing with these cheaper AR-15 variants with under 10,000 rounds through them. 95+% (probably even more) of AR-15 owners won't put 10,000 rounds through in their lifetime.

The AR-15 fanbois seem to think anything is junk under $1500... it just isn't so.

Show me proof where these "under $800" AR-15's are consistently flying apart at the seams.
Sure, there's the occasional "lemon" - but everybody has those once in a while.

The cheapest I've seen the Ruger AR556 is $475. I don't know if that fits the bill for the other ARs mentioned here or not. Tough for me, I dropped just under $700 for mine but that was last July and the political climate was very different. The Ruger is in the category of "affordable" ARs and yes, I would stake my life on it. I have seen the "you get what you pay for and pay for what you get" argument blown out of the water many times. Sometimes the big purchasers and distributors get super deals on mass quantities and choose to blow them out. This seems to be the case more often with handguns than long guns. Just saw an amazing deal on one of the Turkish made CZ75 clones. Top quality pistol for $250.

Last edited:
Linctex,
1. We aren't talking about AKs here
2. I don't buy into Hype and I am not a fanboy of anything.
3. Cheap parts break faster than quality built parts.

You haven't heard of any major problems with cheap AR parts? Google it. Photos of broken AR Bolts[/url]

AR-15s are just like cars. You can buy a cheap car like a Yugo or TaTa Or you can buy a more reliable car made in America, Japan or Europe. In the end you get what you pay for.

1) So, all AK variants are vastly more reliable than the majority of AR-15's? Even when made from cheaper metals and manufacturing processes? That is what it sounds like you are saying.
2) Then provide facts.
3) A cheap 2 lb sledge will drive 1,000,000,000 8D nails, because it's built tougher than the job needed. A cheap claw hammer has no chance of driving a railroad spike because it is inadequate (under built). So, you are saying the AR-15 design is inherently flawed, because if you don't have some "whiz-bang, tool steel, shot-peened blah blah blah" BCG group, then you absolutely will experience a failure (far before it's time)?

I know what broken bolts look like - - pictures are WORTHLESS without supporting data. How many rounds each had to handle before breaking would help. Yawn.

If anyone were building AR-15's as poorly as Yugos were made, everyone would've heard about it by now.
The comparison is 100% irrelevant.

No one builds Yugo or Tata "quality level" AR-15's.
NO ONE - not even DPMS.

You are telling everyone that they MUST spend $60,000 on a new Mercedes or BMW, because a $15,000 Toyota Corolla or Honda Fit "Isn't capable of protecting them in a collision".
It just isn't like that at all.

Millions of commuters drive Corollas successfully every day, and most of them survive the crashes they get into without dying because the car was inadequate in some way. There's no need for them to own the "best of the best" because it's too expensive for most people and really isn't that necessary. Yes a Ford Excursion would protect me better in an accident than a Ford Ranger would, but I'd never tell anyone "If you don't buy the excursion, you can't trust your life to any other smaller, cheaper vehicle!!!"
Sheesh.

OK, so here's the benchmark: 5,000 rounds.
Don't bother showing me pictures of broken bolts, I have already seen them - - and most of those I've seen had WELL in excess of 10,000 or even 20,000 rounds through them. How many "Toyota Corolla/Ford Ranger level" bolts break before 5,000 rounds? None that I have heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back