75k km (47k miles) OCI Engine Autopsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always skip the ad. But as far as the rest of the vid - believe it or not, but there are actually people who enjoy watching it. The guy disecting the engine is VERY good with explaining, analyzing, and keeping the video interesting. I didn't even realize how I ended up at the point of pistons coming out (somewhere in the middle of the video) because the video was so interesting.

Actually, that engine held up pretty well. I expected to see more sludge and more physical damage beyond a spun rod bearing and one bad main bearing. Whoever designed that little engine did an excellent job for a DD.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Actually, that engine held up pretty well. I expected to see more sludge and more physical damage beyond a spun rod bearing and one bad main bearing. Whoever designed that little engine did an excellent job for a DD.

AGREED.

It doesn't look "that* bad, overall.

If she had NOT run it out of oil, at 47,000 miles on that oil if the level had been maintained, it probably would still be running.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

AGREED.

It doesn't look "that* bad, overall.

If she had NOT run it out of oil, at 47,000 miles on that oil if the level had been maintained, it probably would still be running.
It seems like Honda engines on average run a lot cooler across the board, as compared for example to Toyota engines. I bet that if it was a toyota engine in this case - then there would be A LOT of sludge, varnish, and more damage.

And I am not talking just about the famous 1MZ and 1ZZ engines. All Toyotas I have seen seem to cook the oil up a bit more than Honda, or Ford, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back