Rebuilt trans source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any experience with Smartpartsauto and their "Xtreme Performance" rebuilt transmissions? I believe they are located in St Paul, MN. I may be in the market for a new trans on the Bronco. I have the md05 r2 5 speed although I'm considering replacing with a ZF 5 speed. Either way, these guys are very competitive on price but, trying to do warranty service (if necessary) from CO to MN could be a real pain. Local shops aren't big on rebuilding them.

thx in advance.

It dont matter what you do with it. Dump the mazda transmission and go for the zf you will be much happier. The m5od is ok in a small pickup but i lunched several of them and as far as wheeling goes im pretty [censored] gentle. Mine was in an 89 bronco with 302

Last edited:
Call ZBAG- Zumbrota Bearing and Gear in Zumbrota Minnesota. They're decent folk who know their gearboxes. Shipping has never been steep either.

Has anyone had experience with this company?
https://www.midwesttrans.com/index.html

I came across them while looking for manual trans rebuilds. They seem to have a good selection of light truck manuals.

My 1994 Ranger will need a new trans or a rebuild eventually. It gets cantankerous at times and is noisy. When it needs a clutch I'm probably going to change the trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back