6.7 Powerstroke Coolant Test Strips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Anybody know of a test strip kit to test coolant quality for (Nitrite) Powerstroke 6.7s? Not sure of Motorcraft part numbers? Thanks to all.

My dealer does this for free--you may want to check with yours. I looked into buying some of the strips, but they were not very cost effective.

Thanks. My dealer wants $30 to test it (not a good dealer by the way). Appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thanks Claluja. Will look to see who carries that in my area. Appreciate you taking a picture for me. Take care all.

Originally Posted By: claluja

Yup that is what they send when you order the kit from Rotunda. There isn't a Motorcraft or Ford part number for it.

^^ I'm not sure here, I'm speculating; but I've been to a couple of good, honest GM dealers, (not near me), and they showed me their parts computers. Accustrips are available on eBay and Amazon, but since they are NOT genuine GM, (or Ford, Motorcraft, etc.) they do not show up as existing in dealer computers.

Likewise, there are patented test strips for copper contamination in brake fluid. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=brake+fluid+test+strips

I use both of these.

Great info everyone. Thanks a million. Will order it. Hope everyone is well.

The ELC contamination kit shown is what you need.
Its more than test strips.

You are not checking for nitrite.... that is the wrong stip.

$30.00 is a fair price for what needs to be done.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Hello all,

Anybody know of a test strip kit to test coolant quality for (Nitrite) Powerstroke 6.7s? Not sure of Motorcraft part numbers? Thanks to all.

You can buy them, however typically it's a container of 50 and have a shelf life of 1 yr. You need test strips specific to the orange coolant used in a 6.7 Powerstroke. And remember 2 separate cooling systems in the 6.7 Powerstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back