Bypass affecting cooler flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not motor oil but,
I plumbed a bypass filter using a hydraulic filter into the lines of the cooler. I am getting conflicting temp readings. No idea of before vs after as it is a new build.
I have a 4l80e, a modern fin type cooler. The filter goes from the supply line to the return line. It does get warm. Is it possible it is the path of least resistance? I thought it wouldn't be.
I have a cheap Chinese electric gauge that reads 220 in the pan, and the OEM sensor and usshift computer that says under 160.

I think not enough. I used 1/4 inch hose, but now I think it's bypassing thecoolant. I'm going to jbweld fill the a fitting with a spray can straw in it. When it dries, I'll pull the straw.

Originally Posted By: Corelokt
I think not enough. I used 1/4 inch hose, but now I think it's bypassing thecoolant. I'm going to jbweld fill the a fitting with a spray can straw in it. When it dries, I'll pull the straw.

Please don't do something this crude. Just search "turbo oil restrictor" on eBay. There are ready made fittings that are inexpensive: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...tings&rt=nc

Hope this helps you, friend!

I'll check those. I did make one too. JB quick in a nipple fitting, formed around a 14 gauge copper house wire. Pulled the wire after it set up plastic like. Seems to work well. Worst it can do is fail and flow into the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back