I can't find this 9 pin connector.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a male 8 pin connector that goes to and MSD Ignition box. I have looked around, called MSD and they say that they don't make it anymore. Does it look familiar to anyone?

I think I saw some multi pin connectors in the parts drawer at the local Radio Shack. So if there is still a Radio Shack near by you, you might stop in and get both the male and female ends of a connector and convert it over.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Sell it on craiglist/eBay and buy a new box for barely more?
This is an MC1. Last made in early 90's .Now it's the MC4, which runs about 700 Dollars or more. I bought this one for 60.

MSD = Might Suddenly Die

Seen too many duds from them

There are better alternatives. Exactly what is your application?

Their customer support should tell you something

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165
MSD = Might Suddenly Die

Seen too many duds from them

There are better alternatives. Exactly what is your application?

Their customer support should tell you something
Their customer support is worthless and their website forum is even worse. they take up to weeks or months to reply, if they ever do. I have called and asked them and all they say is that they don't sell that part no more. Heck,I took them quite a while to find the install instructions for the box. I'm pretty sure they just get Joe Blow to answer the phones with catalogs in front of them. I have an '89 GSX-R 750. The box does make a great difference in starting, accelerating. It comes stock with a transistorized ignition.

Just get as new male/female weatherpack with proper pin count and voltage rating.

Reterminate. You have a crimping tool?

Other wise you can put a block terminal strip on the firewall and connect that way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Just get as new male/female weatherpack with proper pin count and voltage rating.

Reterminate. You have a crimping tool?

Other wise you can put a block terminal strip on the firewall and connect that way.
It's for a motorcycle.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Sell it and find a Crane HI-6. Much better box.
It's for a motorcycle. This box is a dual channel, 2 coil box. HI-5 is a single coil,for car

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

I'd rather try finding the connector first.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Sell it and find a Crane HI-6. Much better box.
It's for a motorcycle. This box is a dual channel, 2 coil box. HI-5 is a single coil,for car

Missed that part, whoops!

Originally Posted By: Superflop
Id prolly just put an 8 pin deutsch on it

This is what I would do. Hack it off and convert to Deutsch...or connector of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back