1985 Dodge Ram 225 ci 6 cyl Rotella T4 15W40 2.8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: Backwoods41695
Hi, guys. I got a new report sent out. They also had engine type incorrect as a Magnum V6. Now they corrected it to a 225 inline Slant 6. Now the averages have went up. Apparently the Slant 6 sheds a lot of iron and copper. What do you guys think?

Looks good! Inline sixes seem to throw a lot of iron; it will be interesting to see the next UOA.

Thanks for the reply! I am interested as well to see how it trends. I'm hoping to get 4,500-5,000 mile intervals with the Rotella. For now, since Blackstone recommended it, I'm going to do one more 3k-ish interval and sample again and see how everything looks. So far, so good!!
smile.gif

Darn short edit time--

I think 5k is probably easy, maybe take it to 4k next time and sample, leaving it in, and get a TBN.

Hey, guys. Thanks for all of your input. I have a quick question about Rotella. I recently read on here that Rotella T4 is going to API CK4 specs. The oil in my UOA was a API CJ-4/SM specification. They say the newer CK4 is dropping zinc levels. Is this true? Since this engine has a flat tappet camshaft, I'm afraid of flattening a lobe once the CJ-4 stuff is gone. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Last edited:
An xW40 CK4 without claiming SN has a higher P maximum limit of 1200 ppm.
An xW30 CK4 with SN has a lower P maximum limit of 800 ppm.
However there seems a confusion whether an xW40 CK4 SN limit is 1200 or 800 ppm P.

Thanks for the reply, zeng. I just now found a thread over in the HDEO section about the CK-4 oil. The VOA shows that the new CK-4 Rotella T4 still contains 1,200 ppm zinc and a 1,200 ppm phosphorus limit. That's a relief that I can still run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back