Liqui Moly ceratec in auto trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have 2 bottles of Liqui moly ceratec and added half a bottle to my 275k miles sienna engine oil and the other half to my toyota truck 240k miles (5 quarts and 5.5 quarts respectively).

I want to add the other bottle to my trucks transmission and curious if this is okay with this high of miles? It has been maintained and I just flushed it with amsoil atf. I want to add my last quart and use either half or a full bottle to the trans.

Opinions?

I wouldn't. I'm not sure a friction modifier is something you want in your transmission. The only additive I'll use in an auto trans is Lubegard.

Longevity of the transmission I guess? Seems like it might smooth out rough metal surfaces which sounds like a good idea to me, but who knows.

DO NOT USE in an automatic transmission it will ruin the clutches.

Originally Posted By: Liqui Moly
Comment
Not suitable for use with wet clutches!

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Longevity of the transmission I guess? Seems like it might smooth out rough metal surfaces which sounds like a good idea to me, but who knows.

Are you experiencing an issue with unsmooth metal surfaces you're trying to fix?

An automatic transmission is a friction coupling.

Like Trav said, it says clearly on the label not to use it in wet clutch applications. Dry clutch=traditional manual transmission. There's nothing wrong with the product, it just the wrong application.

I would use Lubegard Red if I was going to use anything.

You mean, those rough metal surfaces like the clutch plates that allow it to stay in gear???

Clutches, like brakes, depend on friction to work. Removing friction in a system with clutches seems like a recipe for disaster. Like putting grease on your disc brake pads and rotors...

NO!

Clutches operate because of friction. Ceratec will reduce the friction to the point that your clutch packs won't work.

Do you want to buy a new transmission?

Accord to LM - you should not use the product in automatic transmissions - only manual trans.

Do not add it to your auto box!!!

I called and asked them a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back