G-05 came out crystal clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to put new thermostat and coolant temperature sensor in the 99 Volvo S70. When I drained the G-05 that had been in the system for a couple of years I was surprised at how nice and clean it was. No cloudiness at all with a nice yellowish tint. BTW, the new coolant sensor solved a variety of issues with the Volvo, including rough running and hard to start after a short cool-down. Running like a champ again at 235k.

Yeah did a water pump and hoses on the saab this weekend g05 was nice n clean also

Last edited:
G-05 is a good coolant, I've used it in a few different vehicles and always thought it performed well. It's got the best of both worlds, inorganic adds that act fast, and organic acids that last a decent amount of time.

Originally Posted By: SR5
G-05 is a good coolant, I've used it in a few different vehicles and always thought it performed well. It's got the best of both worlds, inorganic adds that act fast, and organic acids that last a decent amount of time.

+1

I have a gallon of Full Strength G-05 that I've considered using in my Hyundai Elantra that has had a few changes using traditional green. I understand that G-05 is more tolerant of the possibility that some traditional green may remain in the system (even though I will do a couple of flush and fills with plain distilled water)???

What do you think of this plan?....(I want to get away from having to D&R every other year).

PS: The traditional green seems to be working very well.

I had a system that used traditional green (IAT) and I flushed it out with demineralized water then replaced it with G-05 (HOAT), no problems at all. I changed it every 4 years, the coolant came out clean and clear, and the Al radiator looked shiny and new inside.

G-05 being a hybrid coolant with inorganic adds, seems like the natural choice to me when looking for a modern coolant to replace the traditional green that is a full inorganic coolant.

Originally Posted By: SR5
I had a system that used traditional green (IAT) and I flushed it out with demineralized water then replaced it with G-05 (HOAT), no problems at all. I changed it every 4 years, the coolant came out clean and clear, and the Al radiator looked shiny and new inside.

G-05 being a hybrid coolant with inorganic adds, seems like the natural choice to me when looking for a modern coolant to replace the traditional green that is a full inorganic coolant.

Thanks SR5...that's what I thought.
I bought this car at 28K in 2012 and changed out the OE coolant because it was 4 years old and the Owners Manual is vague on whether it uses an EL coolant or not. I had trad. green on hand and used it...and have changed it twice since then. When I had the timing belt done at 78K the water pump was like new...I changed it anyway but I saw that the trad. green was working well. I want to change over to a longer life coolant because my daughter is moving 700 miles
away and I won't see the car very often.

PS: The timing belt looked like I could have waited at least 10 or 20K longer to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back