How to disable start security on 2008 Chevy Tahoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remote starter modules have a circuit that bypasses the security feature. If the security feature is what is causing it not to start, installing an after market remote starter may fool the security system into believing that the proper key is present and then the security circuit will not disable the vehicle from starting and running.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Remote starter modules have a circuit that bypasses the security feature. If the security feature is what is causing it not to start, installing an after market remote starter may fool the security system into believing that the proper key is present and then the security circuit will not disable the vehicle from starting and running.

This is true but most of these aftermarket systems clone a working key or need the vehicle working. For example GM passlock/ passkey is disabled/ worked around by starting a vehicle normally then cutting a yellow wire while it's running.

PS the passlock workaround I have read is to turn the key on for 10 minutes then off, and repeat 3x.

We still don't know if the starter is getting power b/c OP hasn't bothered to check, which is fairly aggravating.

The malibu I cured of Passlock/Passkey ills would crank and pretend to catch, then stall. Tahoe may be implemented differently. Some newer stuff has a computer controlled starter, no longer simply connected to the key.

The mechanic fixed it, it had something to do with the key. Auction car and once it got repo'ed, they did not have a key. the action made a new one and it did not work. Something in it had to be programmed, ran me $175.

The 10 minute wait thing did not work, tried multiple times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back