CZ P10C, the new best striker fired handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
That is certainly a new one for me as far as why a person sold a gun.

I'm not proud of it, but I do acknowledge it! At the time, my dad had just bought an STI 2011 and a Smith Performance Center 1911, and those guns just operated SO SMOOTH. I told myself that any modern gun should shoot well, right, so why not have one that racks smoothly? That's when I bought my full size M&P (which I've since also sold). It wasn't the only reason I sold them, but it was one of them. The P10 looks to "fix" a lot of those things for me. There's a lot of slide to grab (because it doesn't sit inside the frame). It won't have the trigger bar disconnect friction. The trigger looks to be real sweet. I'm anxious to see more reviews/demos of this gun. My CZ supplier of choice, Damascus Gun Shop, is also in-state for me now (VA), so I can buy them at pick up locally for a great price.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
That is certainly a new one for me as far as why a person sold a gun.

I'm not proud of it, but I do acknowledge it! At the time, my dad had just bought an STI 2011 and a Smith Performance Center 1911, and those guns just operated SO SMOOTH. I told myself that any modern gun should shoot well, right, so why not have one that racks smoothly? That's when I bought my full size M&P (which I've since also sold). It wasn't the only reason I sold them, but it was one of them. The P10 looks to "fix" a lot of those things for me. There's a lot of slide to grab (because it doesn't sit inside the frame). It won't have the trigger bar disconnect friction. The trigger looks to be real sweet. I'm anxious to see more reviews/demos of this gun. My CZ supplier of choice, Damascus Gun Shop, is also in-state for me now (VA), so I can buy them at pick up locally for a great price.

If this cz interests you, pick up a Steyr M series sometime. It is the only polymer fired striker pistol I have ever kept.

Sootch00 just reviewed the P-10 C:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gqr2epxaWk

Looks to be built like a tank, like most CZs. As others on the internet have said, sootch judges the P-10's trigger to be superior (however you may define that) to the PPQ's trigger, which is widely accepted as one of the best in the striker-fired genre right now. The hardware inside the gun looks impressive. The locking blocks and barrel lugs are enormous.

I think MSRP on these things is right at $500, making them an incredible value at a ~$450 street price.

The rumors of delayed production and distribution are true. There was a statement put out by CZ USA that the manufacturer, CZ UB in the Czech Republic just could not get production up and running as fast as they wanted. The P-10C's will be available in the U.S. mid April at the earliest. The folks that have them now got very early, pre-production Easter presents...... Darn you CZ and your low availability! That is your one and only flaw and you keep proving it over and over again!

They really need to hire on a second and 3rd shift to increase production but I guess that sort of thing is not popular over there.....

Never buy a brand new to market gun. Ever. They will find problems, make adjustments, change this, change that. I'd rather get a perfected one 24 months from now then have to worry about a recall or going back to the factory for new revision parts.

I've bought several new to market guns and every single one of them needed to go back. I will never do that again.

I agree Bubba! Yet there are many waiting to get the new micro pocket pistol Taurus Spectrum, coming out in late April.
Look at all the mixed reviews on the last year new model Ruger LCP II? Despite that, buyers seem content to deal with all the bugs associated with new models. I prefer to wait 18 months to two years, before purchasing a new production gun..... or automobile.

This CZ P10C has the makings of a really nice handgun. Wish I could afford it, versus the entry-level I own.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
He said it puts the PPQ (Walther) trigger to shame!

Yes that's exactly what stuck in the my mind too. The PPQ is supposed to be the benchmark for striker fired triggers so this could be awesome, I'm almost worried that the trigger will be too light.

Memphis that is a legit concern. I own a PPQ .40 and sometimes I feel it is too lite. There have been times during target practice that I have felt like it's almost too lite for carry. I generally think 5.5lbs is a min for carry. I am interested in the CZ p10c, however. Looks like a fantastic firearm for the msrp it's supposed to go for when it arrives.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I feel anything over 1-lb is too heavy for my front pocket and 1.7lb too heavy for my IWB Desantis Nemesis hip carry.

I tend to agree. My reply to Memphis was regarding trigger weight.

I pocket carry shield it's definitely not a gun that's going to disappear in your pocket, you feel it all day.

My Rex Zero 1S fully loaded is 2.3 lbs, not including the iwb holster. The Hanks steel core belt helps.

I agree. The Glock grip angle sucks. The rest of them ain't much to look at either, IMHO. I much prefer the grip angle on the 1911s, or oddly enough (or not), the Steyr M/L/S series which has the same grip angle. The Steyr is a very underrated pistol. I own two of them and love them. They point perfectly for me, and recoil is a breeze.

Yay! Another Steyr fan.
banana2.gif

I just got an email today form Kentucky gun Co that told me that the P10C is in Stock. Of course I can't buy one now but I still want one.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I just got an email today form Kentucky gun Co that told me that the P10C is in Stock. Of course I can't buy one now but I still want one.

Hmmm... Hopefully whomever my LGS ordered from will have them in stock soon too!

"New Best Striker-Fired Handgun"?

Well, I guess it depends on what your criteria are.

Yeah, it has some advantages over Glock, like a grip that will feel better to most people...and...that's about it. Yeah, they say the trigger is better, but the Glock still has a very good trigger for a striker-fired handgun. And you can very cheaply improve the trigger on a Glock.

It still doesn't have many of the things I like about Glock:

- Slimmest, most compact handguns for their round capacity

- Factory magazines with up to 33-round capacity that are on the shelf at easily-accessible stores like Academy Sports and virtually every LGS

- Ubiquitous "small-block Chevy-like" parts availability, familiarity, etc.

- Caliber availability and interchangeability (I own a G32, which, like its twin, the G23, can fire both .357 SIG and .40 S&W with only a different barrel, and can extremely easily be converted to fire 9mm as well)

So, there's no reason for me to go out and buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back