Philips 9003 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulb,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a pair of 9011's for the Transit. I didn't see a expiration? I know of someone else in need of some better lights.

Just installed them in the Odyssey van; I like them. I had vanilla Hella H4 bulbs there after I had got frustrated with trying short life expensive bulbs.

Are they worth upgrading my JK Rubicon bulbs with them? Is there a better choice a little longer lasting for about the same money? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Are they worth upgrading my JK Rubicon bulbs with them? Is there a better choice a little longer lasting for about the same money? Thanks.

There's the Vision Plus. A little less bright than the Xtreme, but longer life

I would swap in a quality e-code round lamp (not a cheap gimmick, but a known quality unit) and run H4s. I'm sure Jeep is using the H13 bulb in the Wrangler, and it's a marginal bulb at best already. I wouldn't mess with overdriven H13s if I had another option.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

I would swap in a quality e-code round lamp (not a cheap gimmick, but a known quality unit) and run H4s. I'm sure Jeep is using the H13 bulb in the Wrangler, and it's a marginal bulb at best already. I wouldn't mess with overdriven H13s if I had another option.

On the TJ's it was an easy swap

JK's, you have to see if it's PnP or not.

Last edited:
Shockingly low life for the bulb; one of then died yesterday :-(
But I am so impressed with them that I am still considering ordering another set. Please tell me I am nuts.

The driver side bulb replacement always extracts blood. That is why I hate these high performance bulbs as they need to be replaced within 9-12 months. Regular bulbs will last for years. Now that I have put the old bulb back in, the brightness difference is staggering between the remaining Philips and the other old bulb.

I am thinking of "downgrading" to VisonPlus this time to get better life. It seems that I got less than 6 months of life out Xtreme. ViosnPlus will give me lot more than that. The VisionPlus are also complete clear vs Xtreme which has a blue band at the top which always robs the light. That means Xtreme has to be driven lot higher than Vision+ affecting their life. To put it differently, the sacrifice in the life is not worth since Xtreme also has to overcome the blue band. Hopefully, the lone Xtreme will last for couple more days until I get Vision+ so that I could do real life side by side comparison with the Vision+

By the way, Amazon offered $4 coupon on Vison+, so they are costing me $12+tax.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Shockingly low life for the bulb; one of then died yesterday :-(
But I am so impressed with them that I am still considering ordering another set. Please tell me I am nuts.

I would try ordering bulbs from the UK or Europe. Seem to be better quality than the ones found in North America.

I usually order from powerbulbs.com

I had these on my Civic for a little over a year before one went out. Considering how much of a pain it is to replace them (for me, I have big hands), I went back to OEM bulbs. I didn't see any noticeable difference with them vs. OEM bulbs anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back