4. Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari, 49
5. Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing, 35
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas, 136
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 135
3. Red Bull Racing, 57
4. Sahara Force India, 31
5. Williams Martini Racing, 18

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

6d567f2a71715dc297c05ddae12773e7.jpg

I really love this circuit, my one gripe is adding the chicane in place of the second to last turn just like how they screwed up the bus-stop at Spa.

I've been following F1 for decades, but have never been to a race. This evening I am catching a flight to Barcelona and WILL BE AT THIS RACE!!
grin.gif

That is all.

Originally Posted By: weasley
I've been following F1 for decades, but have never been to a race. This evening I am catching a flight to Barcelona and WILL BE AT THIS RACE!!
grin.gif

That is all.

Enjoy the race. I've been to two races Indianapolis and Montreal. They were a blast. Make sure you bring plenty of money if you're buying souvenirs. They are expensive.

That's pretty cool of Kimi and the team. Kimi and the kid both had nothing to do, I suppose, with his race over.
wink.gif

It was also nice to see a McLaren finish. I don't know how Alonso pulled off that qualifying.

Williams got approval for a contest for two fans to sleep in the garage before Silverstone. So, McLaren still has leverage to make a contest for fans to watch a race with a McLaren race retiree.
whistle.gif

That race was hard evidence of how far Ferrari have come and how far Red Bull are behind. Monaco should even things up and put the racing back in the hands of the drivers.

There was so much hope for Red Bull for the Barcelona upgrades. It certainly didn't pan out, and the Renault engine isn't exactly where it should be, either. Carlos Sainz was complaining that they don't have the grunt of the 2016 Ferrari engines that Sauber is using. I'm sure Sauber's switch to Honda should take care of that concern, though.
whistle.gif

I was standing in the Paddock Club overlooking the pits as Alonso left for FP1 on Friday morning. As he exited the pits I turned to a colleague and said "that didn't sound good". A couple of corners later it seized and he was out of FP1, gushing fluids out of the car. Given that context, his qualifying place was unbelievable, and the crowd's reaction to it was understandably wild. It's a shame his race was compromised, although it was good to see him going toe-to-toe with other cars and getting past some of them.

Renault - I was there with the Renault team so followed them quite closely. Their FP times were OK, particularly HUL who was consistently 8/9. Not sure what happened after that. I was also in the Renault garage listening to team radio when they diagnosed a water leak in PAL's car (Sergey Sirotkin was driving it though) and made the call to put a new engine in it. Those guys don't mess about - within minutes all the bodywork was off except the rear wing and by FP2 it was back and ready to run.

I thought HAM had thrown it away after the start but I guess the VSC helped him out and he did the job nicely (although that move from VET on BOT was something!). It looks like the supposed 2.5s time difference between soft and medium tyres didn't turn out to be true.

Oh, and was VAN asleep when he turned in on MAS??

And finally, it comes to something when the support races are louder than the main event.

Seeing them work on a car in a pinch like that would be pretty amazing. Time is money, as it were.

I'm not exactly sure what went on with that collision with Massa. There really wasn't a lot of reason for it, was there? Hamilton is definitely lucky for the VSC, but such is life. Kimi and Valteri are going to be needing a little more luck this year, or, as Martin Brundle put it, they will be Number Two drivers in name, too, and not just in practice.

Vandoorne said in several interviews Massa came up so fast and from so far back he didn't even consider he had time to make the move, so he wasn't looking for him at all. At least he put his hand up rather than making excuses.

I guess in a McLaren Honda, though, you have to be prepared for someone to come from behind out of nowhere. Then again, if it's Massa, he's generally holding people up, rather than passing them in a hurry.
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back