Hilarious review of M1 Racing 0w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-racing-oil

Mobil 1 Racing 0W-50 is recommended for a wide range of race engine applications. Note: Mobil 1 Racing 0W-50 is not recommended for street use.

Vern44 from Michigan, USA

I'm a professional mechanic

Do not use this product.

Used Mobil 1 in an Explorer with a 4.0 liter SHOC engine. Changed oil every three months and at 52,000 miles the engine failed with excessive wear of the timing chain.

What about jack lol
"Added this oil to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. My tires had to be replaced a month later due to excessive wear, and brakes are wearing out from excessive friction."

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Vern44 from Michigan, USA[/b] I'm a professional mechanic
Do not use this product.Used Mobil 1 in an Explorer with a 4.0 liter SHOC engine. Changed oil every three months and at 52,000 miles the engine failed with excessive wear of the timing chain.

41EHK4KvU4L.jpg

I miss Vern! Great movies. It inspired Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

About oil, if we can get serious for a moment (probably not...), if you look at the detergents, high moly, high zddp, anti-foam, etc., in a VOA of Mobil1 Racing Oil 0w30 or 0w50, it should be able to hold up. It might fail at long term acid fighting and anti-oxidant performance, not sure.
Also, Vern's 4.0L Ford V6 is famous for weak timing chains anyway. Not sure I'd blame the oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
I used that oil in my car and today i noticed my rear brake hose is leaking.
[censored] you Mobil!
"Thanks, Obama" https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...d-a-presidency/ so not Mobil's fault.

Actually, its generally thought you can't use Racing Oil because too much phosphorus fouls the catalyst and isn't SN legal. If that's all it is, then you should be able to run this stuff with its high zddp, etc., in older hot rod vehicles at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back