Anyone used Costco Tire Warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am getting some tires being looked at by Costco under manufacturer defects/warranty.

Was wondering if I would have to pay anything? Also, what if current(defective) tires are higher in price than what they are going to replace them with? Would I expect to pay anything out of pocket?

Any other heads up?

Thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

I drove into a huge pothole that tore the sidewall of my snow tire. They prorate based on remaining tread. I had to pay $17 for a $130 tire.

Edit: noticed you were talking about defects not road hazard. Disregard.

Last edited:
Some years ago I purchased new tires at Costco. A few months later I had a flat tire overnight and backed my car out of the garage. I jacked up the vehicle and took the wheel and tire to Costco expecting them to repair the tire and rebalance it; instead, they gave me a new tire which included mounting and balancing at no charge. They said a little tire powder dust was found in the tire rendering the tire destroyed. The light dust was caused from me backing out of my garage which was about 10 feet in distance. I could not believe how nice it was for Costco to give me a new tire at no charge. When I got my wheel assembly back, I tried to tip the Costco tire guy $10.00 but he declined it politely and said that tips are not allowed.

They took care of me a few years back. No issues at all, no questions asked. There was a piece of steel the size of a railroad spike in my tire. Excellent service.

I've never prematurely worn out a set of Michelin tires. So can't answer that one.

I hit the nail with my Michelins the other day; first, I was thinking about fixing it on my own with an inexpensive repair kit, but I took it there anyway; they removed the whole tire from the rim and patched the tire from the inside, balanced it, and inflated it with nitrogen; I was told I did the right thing by taking it to to them due to the prorated warranty by Michelin.

In my experience, their tire place is fast, precise, and honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back