Honda Ridgeline Tire Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am currently looking to buy a used Honda Ridgeline to replace my totaled Outback 3.6r. I have always ran summer or high performance all season and then switched to winter tires for winters here in PA. I do not plan on buying another dedicated set of rims and winter tires for the ridgeline. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good highway truck tire that is also good for snow an even a little bit of ice. The Ridgeline won't see much off road other than dirt mountain roads a few times a month when I go biking.
I have driven an older RAV4 that was just fitted with the newer Cooper Discoverer SRX seemed to work decent in some of the snow we got this year. I have also been looking at the Cooper Discoverer HTP, but I cannot find many reviews on it. Michelin Defender LTX M/S are also on my radar too. Btw the tire size I'm looking at is the 245/60 18 on most of the RTL models.

I've owned my Ridgeline for 10 1/2 years and the tire size is different, 245/65/17. If money is no object, the Michelin LTX series is well proven. Mine lasted 59K miles and 6+ years. Now I'm running Sumitomo Tour Plus LXT tires. They're wearing well and are an all position highway tire. If I was replacing them, I would go with the Toyo Open Country, available in both a highway and all terrain tread.

Good luck with your Ridgeline. Mine has been excellent. Yes, haters, it is not a real truck.

I've had Michelin (Defender) LTX/2 on my F150 for over a year, from MT to CO to OH; great tire in all conditions.

LOVE the Ridgeline, amazing amount of room up front and I understand they're bulletproof. I was considering and almost bought one a few years ago but the time was not right for a new vehicle.

I am also in Pennsylvania and I recently bought the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W for my truck. It appealed to me because it carries the three peak mountain snowflake symbol for winter but still has nice highway ride according to reviews.

i have a 2010 Ridgeline. Love it. I also have the Michelien Defender Tires and it rides very well.

I am sure that it will ride better with new shocks and struts. At 194,000 it has treated me very well. I use Amsoil 0w30 at 12,000 Intervals.

Annual milage?

I was not happy with LTX MS2's on my Tundra in snow; but I want to say Ridgeline is more FWD biased (where the weight is) so it's a different setup (I know that's "duh" but trying to be complete). A Ridge might be happy with them in snow. That said, if NVH is pretty good on the truck I'd be tempted to go more aggressive. I mean, I went highway tires as I wanted a quiet ride in my Tundra. When the LTX's "failed" to impress me in snow I got iPikes for winter. And guess what? Can't hear them. [But I can sure feel the mpg hit! 21mpg summer is 16mpg winter, and that is with all highway driving.]

Not sure what the cost, milage or mpg hit would be going from LTX to something else. Just tossing that out there.

Are you wanting to put an LT on that light truck ?
I did not lfind them well suited for my Canyon and run Firestone P285's now ...

Thanks for the replies, it seems like Michelin updated the LTX series and some people aren't crazy about the changes. The Cooper HTP's seem to fit my needs with pretty good winter ratings, but I have no clue how old that tread design is. Also being a 245/60 18" tire seems to narrow my choices for a decent tire that has good winter capabilities.

Another vote for the LTX's, they are a great choice. I've run many sets, as has my father, and we've always been impressed with their snow but in particular their ice performance.

K20SiGuy
I just purchased my 7th set of Michelins last week.(3rd set for current suv, 4 for previous)
They are an extremely quiet tire, and do great in snow and Ice. This last set I ran down to 5/32" after 82k miles and sold the take offs on Craigslist for $280. You can't go wrong with Michelins.

After many hours of research, I believe I found the tire I've been searching for. After running some Nokian Hakka's SUV's on my departed Subaru, I checked out nokian's website and I decided that the WRG3 SUV would be perfect. Carries the mountain/snowflake symbol, can be run year round and decently aggressive.

Originally Posted By: Crusher
K20SiGuy
I just purchased my 7th set of Michelins last week.(3rd set for current suv, 4 for previous)
They are an extremely quiet tire, and do great in snow and Ice. This last set I ran down to 5/32" after 82k miles and sold the take offs on Craigslist for $280. You can't go wrong with Michelins.

Many that live in the Sunbelt have reported dry rot issues after a couple of years. So yes-you CAN go wrong.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Crusher
K20SiGuy

Many that live in the Sunbelt have reported dry rot issues after a couple of years. So yes-you CAN go wrong.

Don't even have to be in the sunbelt--I have a claim with Michelin on 4 year old tires that lived in NH.

Originally Posted By: K20SiGUY
After many hours of research, I believe I found the tire I've been searching for. After running some Nokian Hakka's SUV's on my departed Subaru, I checked out nokian's website and I decided that the WRG3 SUV would be perfect. Carries the mountain/snowflake symbol, can be run year round and decently aggressive.

[censored], nice choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back