Car covers, it's a jungle out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a car cover for my Triumph, the cover us used as a dust cover during winter storage and as extra weather protection as it sits under a canopy when I am not using it.

Looking on-line there seem to be a wide range of products from different vendors.

I'm looking for guidance on what is good and who to avoid.

I would particularly like to hear from Canadians, as shipping costs can be very significant.

Thanks.

there shouldnt be too many choices id you are getting a custom fit cover. its far easier than say oil. IIRC, To break it down there are 2 main US companies covercraft and coverking.
then between these two you need to look at what fabric they have and the pros/cons of each fabric.

most of the distributor stores will sell one or both of these to you, and a lot of the time it is just drop shipped directly from the manufacturer.

there maybe some distributors that will relabel a covercraft/coverking to their own namrs, and there maybe a few other smaller outfits that make their own, but just pay attention to the fabric.

If you don't want to think about it too hard, you should get a good result with either of these everything else is a small optimization or looking for best price.
start at covercraft and coverking and review the fabrics. once you figure out which model you want find look for the best price.

finally you may have a source at your dealer or specialty dealer for the make of vehicle you bought. they may have bought a bunch in bulk and have a discounted price. you can also find a forum specific tp your vehicle and ask other owners what they like

Having owned many CC from $600 custom made Sunbrella to the mid priced ones to the lower end types................... for your application, buy the $25 - $45 Budge sold many places including Walmart, Amazon, etc. Good for 2 years minumum of very good service.

Last edited:
I purchased a DUCK Covers, cover from Amazon for a Toyota Yaris that I own in another country. The car sits for long periods frequently. After numerous garbage covers I bought locally, I purchased this one and took it over in a suitcase. I purchased it in Oct 2016 and so far it is holding up great. I searched high and low as well and settled on this one with very little reviews at the time. So far, very pleased and a strong warranty as well. The cover has a strong elastic band, fits the Yaris perfectly, and is heavy with great overall construction.

Here is the hatchback version I purchased:
Duck Cover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back