Kansas Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
He did a 2 tire stop and pulled out into Michael McDowell's car.

SNAP!

The whole Carl Long sponsor issue has been hilarious to me. Arguably very few people would have even noticed the sponsor on the hood, but since NASCAR made them pull it off, there have been numerous articles and SiriusXM had a fairly lengthy interview in the pre-race about it. Gotta love free publicity.

Does anyone else's FS1 broadcast randomly cut to commercial? Mine has done it twice now and it is super annoying.

How you watching?

Almirola is lucky if he doesn't have major lower extremity injuries... And one has to remember that the femoral artery and or vein could be cut by a broken femur bone... And that person would be critical condition in no time flat. He's very fortunate that didn't happen here.

NASCAR only required the reinforced footbox at the plate tracks this year. I think it is more of a back injury from the way the car slammed back down on the track. I have been very impressed with the NASCAR safety crews the past couple weeks.

They just said Aric is being airlifted to the hospital for observation.

As for Danica's interview, she was just in a huge accident after running well. I don't blame her one bit.

I agree most likely a back compression fracture is more likely than the other.... Question is would a protective foot pad will disperse enough energy transfer to the driver's leg to prevent injury?? More than likely yes but no guarantee I think either.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I agree most likely a back compression fracture is more likely than the other.... Question is would a protective foot pad will disperse enough energy transfer to the driver's leg to prevent injury?? More than likely yes but no guarantee I think either.

I think the back injury comes from having an aluminum or carbon fibre seat with the minimal wheel travel as the car slammed back down to the track.

I was hoping that Ryan Blaney would pull it off, but I do like seeing Truex doing well.

Originally Posted By: bbhero

Originally Posted By: sportingnews
Aric Almirola has been released from the hospital after suffering a compression fracture of his T5 vertebra.

I wonder how long he will be out. Fortunately, if you can say that, this happened before a more or less off week for them since the All-Star race is next.

..... As for Danica's interview, she was just in a huge accident after running well. I don't blame her one bit.

Danica is a POS. That whole interview was all about her. Poor little darling. Here you have a guy that had to be cut out of his car, and airlifted to the hospital. And no one knows how long he is going to be out. Logano runs better on his worst day, than she runs on her best. And you could tell in his interview how upset he was that Almirola was hurt. Danica didn't even mention it, until she was all done whining and complaining about, "her race".

She's had a total of 165 starts for Stewart Haas Racing. Out of all that she has managed 0 wins, 0 top5's, 6 top10's (1 every 27 races on average), and has only led 63 laps out of 46,704 laps run. And a best points finish of 24th, and a career average finish of 24th. It sound like last night was no different for her. She ran par for the course..... Her course. She finished 36th.

Originally Posted By: billt460
..... As for Danica's interview, she was just in a huge accident after running well. I don't blame her one bit.

Danica is a POS. That whole interview was all about her. Poor little darling. Here you have a guy that had to be cut out of his car, and airlifted to the hospital. And no one knows how long he is going to be out. Logano runs better on his worst day, than she runs on her best. And you could tell in his interview how upset he was that Almirola was hurt. Danica didn't even mention it, until she was all done whining and complaining about, "her race".

She's had a total of 165 starts for Stewart Haas Racing. Out of all that she has managed 0 wins, 0 top5's, 6 top10's (1 every 27 races on average), and has only led 63 laps out of 46,704 laps run. And a best points finish of 24th, and a career average finish of 24th. It sound like last night was no different for her. She ran par for the course..... Her course. She finished 36th.

Your calling her a POS..sheesh. And compare her record to one of best drivers out there. Then mention she finished 36th after her car burned to the ground. Thats low.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Your calling her a POS..sheesh. And compare her record to one of best drivers out there. Then mention she finished 36th after her car burned to the ground. Thats low.

It's not "low", it's fact. This woman would have been out of NASCAR years ago, if all she had to stand on was her lackluster record. It's always about her. She is so self absorbed, she never would have even mentioned Almirola in that interview if Little hadn't mentioned him first. That's low. Listen to any or all of her interviews. All she does is complain, and blame others for all of her problems. The only thing worse than watching her constantly take a top 5 place car to 25th or lower finishes, on a seemingly never ending basis, is listening to her blame everyone else for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back