How OCD are you about your and your fam's cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Chk oil on all 4 cars 2x per week
2) Chk tire pressure 1x per week
3) Wash every weekend, rain or shine...needed or really not
4) Wax 1x per month
5) Squeegee windshield 3x per week...yes...
6) Most embarrassing, clean underhood vent leading to HVAC system...even though its in garage most of time

50.gif

I check my oil after 4,000 miles or so, tire pressure every few months, and wash it every few weeks.

Never needs much to top off anything.

Too busy for all things on your list.

I do check oil level monthly when adding windshield wiper fluid. Other than that I check tire pressure every 6 months.

Check all fluids plus tire pressure monthly. Wash as needed.

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
4) Wax 1x per month
6) Most embarrassing, clean underhood vent leading to HVAC system...even though its in garage most of time

Not a bad list for starters:
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Dust with California Duster and follow with Waterless Car Wash if not too dirty. If dirty wash at least once per week. All vehicles always garaged so they are well protected and never get very dirty.
4. I would never use a wax but I put on a coat of LG ever couple of months. I put on a coat of LG on the front of the vehicle where stones and bugs can hit at every wash.
5. Use Invisible Glass on windows every couple of days. If dirty, after every drive.
6. Detail all engine compartments at every wash. All are always show ready. I do show the Scat Pack regularly and win trophies.
7. Change oil and filter AT LEAST every 6 months or 5K miles no matter what
8. Spray all exposed metal under the vehicle and under the hood with S-100 Corrosion Protectant at least every 3 or 4 months. Never a spec of corrosion anywhere.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
4) Wax 1x per month

Well, you aren't completely alone!

1. I check when I gas up, every 7-10 days.
2. *Usually* when I wash the car.
3. Every Saturday, unless it's forecasted to rain Sunday. I'll wash it then to use less water.
4. 4 to 6 weeks.
5. I'll run the wipers usually every morning to give me a clear view, squeegee when I get gas. Front and back
6. When I wash the car, but I park outside, and under a large oak tree.
7. P.S. fluid, coolant, brake, and trans fluid every other week after a wash (because the hood is up already anyway)

On my 2 vehicles:
  1. Oil on truck is checked every few fill-ups (uses 1 qt/1500 miles).
    Car, if I think about it (uses no oil)
  2. Tire pressure monthly (usually make my daughter do it)
  3. Never washed the truck in 4 years (the kids have).
    Car may get washed every few months or if really dirty
  4. Never waxed either one
  5. Squeegee sometimes when getting gas, if needed
  6. No idea where this is on either vehicle

You:

4) Wax 1x per month

Me:

1)check my Rav oil 1x per week. Usually have to add a little. Check my Camry 1x month
2)Never check tire pressure. Might look at them and eyeball it 1x month
3)Maybe take to car wash every 2 months
4)Maybe 1x a year
5)never
6)never. Don't even know where that vent thing is.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Wash once a week and check oil about once a month.

I'm about the same, except I also check the tyre pressures monthly.

About once a month I check stuff out. IF it's not freezing I might vacuum also.

Try a paint sealant instead of wax. You can go 3-6 months or more between coatings depending on a number of factors.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Fortunately I realized quite some time ago that being a slave to the material things is not a healthy way to go through life. It's quite liberating.

While some in this thread appear over the top in their attention to their cars, it may be a hobby to them even though they may not acknowledge that.
I'm generally with you in that the car is there to serve me and not the other way around.
Still, a certain amount of attention is required if the vehicle is to remain fully functional for a reasonable service life. You can give that attention yourself or you can pay someone else to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back