New Prestone De-icer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Prestone has a new windshield washer fluid:

f765ff0...mp;odnBg=FFFFFF

I wonder if this is replacing good old yellow

Last edited:
-27 is nothing to brag about. This seems more like a universal fluid (with bug remover) and less like a winter formula.

The yellow de-icer is prohibited from being sold in the metro area that I live in because of the high level of VOCs. I have to travel a few counties over to get it at Wal-Mart.

It is normally marked down to $1/gallon when winter is over and I'll buy 5 or 6 jugs of it. I don't believe this red product is going to replace the de-icer. The de-icer is in a league of its own.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
The yellow de-icer is prohibited from being sold in the metro area that I live in because of the high level of VOCs. I have to travel a few counties over to get it at Wal-Mart.

If you're lucky and the distribution center makes a mistake, you might see a jug of the high-VOC stuff at a CARB/OTC Wal-Mart. This happened to me a few months ago, I saw the label and I immediately grabbed it. It's hard for CARB to "see" that it's been sold - but if an CARB/BAAQMD employee happened to be walking the aisles, that store could have been in trouble.

I buy the high-VOC "winter" fluid in case I drive up to Tahoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back