Miles Lubricants MilesSYN SXR 0W20 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
$3.34 a quart on Amazon. What do you all think? Use this or Napa Synthetic 0W20 when it goes on sale for $3.49? Using it in a 2012 Scion XB at 5k intervals with some Hastings filters I got on rockauto for $1.34 each!! I'm not interested in extended intervals. Thanks guys.

Blackstone said "viscosity is thin". Nope. Range can be 6.9 to 9.3, so 8.58 is actually on the thick side of that. Commparison: M1 AFE 0w20 has 8.7, very close to this. Thats within the margin of error on Blackstone's tests.

That's a good looking 0w20! Nice dose of Boron in there and a nice high flashpoint too. I like Valvoline a lot but I wouldn't have any issues running this oil in anything I owned.

lOOKS LIKE OLD M1. SHOULD BE FINE.
'
I WOULD DITCH THE CLARECORE/HASTINGS. I USED CLARECORE FROM FEDERATED (JOBBER QUALITY), CUT THEM OPEN THEY ARE JUNK. I EVEN POSTED PICS HERE YEARS AGO. NASTY. FIND A GOOD CHAMPION AND RUN THAT AND RUN IT FOR AT least 6k MILES OR YOUR GONNA WEAR OUT THAT MOTOR IN 300K.

SORRY CAPS LOCK !

IF YOUR DOING SHORT OCI JUST RUN 5W20 DINO.

0W IN ARIZONA HE HE HE!

Looks okay, but you can do better (cheaper) on either M1 AFE or EP 0W-20 with the MIR.
Arco has a point in that you likely don't have any need for a 0W qualified oil in Arizona and might be better served using a lower NOACK 5W which would also likely have a lower proportion of VIIs.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Blackstone said "viscosity is thin". Nope. Range can be 6.9 to 9.3, so 8.58 is actually on the thick side of that. Commparison: M1 AFE 0w20 has 8.7, very close to this. Thats within the margin of error on Blackstone's tests.

Blackstone said "viscosity was within the expected range..."

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
0W IN ARIZONA HE HE HE!

Thanks for the reply. Too thin for the heat here? I'm just shooting for the best fuel economy and the Toyota owners manual hints that 0W20 will help. Why is that bad in AZ?

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Looks okay, but you can do better (cheaper) on either M1 AFE or EP 0W-20 with the MIR.
Arco has a point in that you likely don't have any need for a 0W qualified oil in Arizona and might be better served using a lower NOACK 5W which would also likely have a lower proportion of VIIs.

VIIs? Kind of a noob. Don't know all the terms and abbreviations yet.

I'll probably do some M1 with rebates when they are there. This oil just seems to be a nice option vs. having to spend 15 minutes on the computer each time submitting rebates and convincing friends/family to help me get additional rebates. This car gets driven 7 days a week so I change the oil often. I burn through rebate oil faster than they offer rebates.

How does it compare to Napa synthetic or any of the other "house brand" syns? Would you run this over the other $3-4 a qt synthetics?

Zero-Dubya is a spec for cold pumpability and CCS at -35C/-40C.

Ive NEVER driven in thouse temps oin New Hampshire,in fact I wouldnt even leave the house!

Reality is some 0W20 show a better VI (>165) wich means they will be somewhat thinner at your typical startup and warmup temps. I don't imagine anyone seeing a "real world" FE improvement though in your climate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back