Harbor Freight Lift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking at the HF lift for my garage. As I age I find I miss my old lift but can't justify spending 1K+ on a lift. HF is going on sale for $279.00 next month.
Do any of you guys have one and can give an old man a users opinion on the thing. They look to be heavier than my old shop lift and at 26" wide a few inches narrower.
Thanks for your comments

Smoky

I love mine. I don't know how I lived without it. Works just as well as the high priced ones. Just be sure to add the jack oil when you get it and you'll be fine. Had mine for about 5 years.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Not sure which one you are posting about. Is there a link you can post?

Yes a link would be nice.

I've had mine for about ten years now, not the best on the market but a great value.

004-L.jpg

I considered the HF lift but storage was a problem. I ended up getting a small Harley Davidson lift off CL, and I use my little roll around stool to work around my bike....all the while sitting down. It's very stable with the bike on it, it raises high enough to get both tires off the floor and cost $125. And when I'm finished working or cleaning on my bike, it rolls under my workbench for storage. Sears has a similar one for less than $100 when on sale.

I have the aluminum Sears MC lift. The yellow one. Very convenient.

When I am bored, I go out to the garage, and use it to turn all of my motorcycles around so they face outward. Can't pull in backward because of inclined driveway. Yes, it's that easy.

I have both the Harbor Freight lift and a Craftsman MC jack.

The lift is superior for almost everything and more secure/stable. You may want to change or modify the clamp/chock on the lift though.

I stand my lift up against a wall and it takes up less space than the jack, though standing it up and laying it down is not for the faint of heart, it is pretty heavy...

Not as nice as my old Handy lift (got rid of it when I moved) so I purchased the HF lift for the 279.00 deal. Have had it about a year now and have had no problems with it. I don't think you will find anything else in the sub $300 price range that will work better. Does not have all the bells and whistles but as of yet has not let me down.

I have the HF lift that uses your compressor to lift and like it. Hydraulics' are a little tight sometimes because I don't use it often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back