Mobil 1 5W/30 EP, 7386 Miles, 2005 Civic 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
05_CIVIC_VP_165641.jpg

This is an interim sample, the oil and Filter (A01) remain in service. This is first run with 5/30.

Another Sample is at ALS and I will post that one when it is returned to me.

Seems like this interval is working well for you. Stick with it, or you could even extend out a bit futher to 11-12k or so. What are your driving conditions like?

Last edited:
It gets a little bit of everything, mostly around town and on rural highways but also gets interstate trips at least a few times per change.

I will probably run this one out a little perhaps to get closer to 170,000. I like nice even easy to remember intervals...

Were the previous samples M1 5W-20? It does seem to suffer from a little dilution which is odd since the rings are well seated with that mileage. Maybe a leaky injector or just a lot of idle time. Wear #'s are fine so somewhat inconsequential. Thanks for posting.

05_CIVIC_VP_165641als.jpg

05_CIVIC_VP_165641als2.jpg

The prior samples on the Blackstone report are 0/20EP recently, 5/20EP before that. I don’t think any of the plain 5/20 still shows on the report. Note the 143,XXX sample is also an interm sample.

There are samples on this car all the way back to 77,XXX miles here on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: TheOilWizard
im really surprised that the TBN is that far off between labs.

And the KV100 viscosity is too different between labs. Who to believe? NAPA actually looks like its the one, but not sure.

I was kind of expecting the TBN to be different, it has been discussed here before but the method is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back