Anyone Tried ArmorAll Wash/Wax Wipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used similar products in the past and it works ideal if you already maintain the paint and need a quick clean up.

But I'm sure it will end up used by people who don't care for their paint and then they'll complain it caused scratches lol

Was looking at those this morning in Wally World, i'll Pass,
31.gif

If you want a super safe quick cleaning. Pick up some carpro Ech2o and mix it 1 part to 10 parts water. Spray it on the area and wipe it away with a clean microfiber. You will need to go back about a minute later once it dries and do a quick buff with a new dry microfiber.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
Products like this give auto detailers job security as they are almost sure to jack the finish up at some point.

My thoughts exactly. They are probably marketed towards the people that think the Dealer Installed Swirl Package looks awesome. The only thing I would use them for is taking bird droppings off if I wasn't near a source of water. Might be ok if you have a track car and need to take something off that was picked up on track like when I was at Streets of Willow and the car in front of me lost an engine.

Products like this give auto detailers job security as they are almost sure to jack the finish up at some point.

thumbsup2.gif

I wouldn't wash my lawn mower with them. I have used waterless washes before but more as a quick detailer. Hose-less and traditional washes are the only things I would use personally.

Yep. This was my first thought when I first saw an ad for them. Great way to give your car a whole lot of (at least semi-)clean-looking swirls.

IMHO, wipes like these have no place anywhere on the outside of any car. I can see using the interior wipes on the dash and other vinyl finishes, but there's no way I'd ever consider using something like this on my car's paint.

For a quick, hoseless cleanup, I'll stick with my microfiber cloths and a bottle of Pinnacle Waterless Wash. No scratches that way.

I didn't even care for their car wash soap so no way I'd buy these things. I'm more than happy using some plush MF towels and some Ultima concentrate for waterless washes. Plus it can be used as a detailer, clay lube and rinseless wash. Has some protection in it as well.

The concentrate has a built in measuring cup. Half an ounce and 22 ounces of water. I don't use it for rinseless washes anymore since it uses up too much concentrate at a time. One ounce concentrate and 2-3 gallons of water. I don't want to burn through that much concentrate for just one wash.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Was looking at those this morning in Wally World, i'll Pass,
31.gif

Picked up 2 packs of the Wax Wipes today and I have to say they work as advertised, great shine and the paint came out smooth, 1 pack will cover two vehicles and the wipes are super big 10"x 15", my curiosity got the best of me, a whole lot faster than a spray wax, but hey worked for me.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back