Motorcraft 5/20 Blend - 2015 3.7l TiVTC. (4769Mi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-Ford_34934.jpg

Total: 1757 hrs running, 1070 hrs idle (290/192) - oil life at 52%

FILTER

It's a typo you retard. F-150's oil looks great, NOW PUT KENDALL IN THERE for the Ti.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
It's a typo you retard.

oh no. Its like Scotty Kilmer telling me to get a life all over again.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
what the heck is a T-150?

A mythical beast

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
It’s a typo ...

Actually it isn’t a typo.

The Duratec motors do well and are not hard on the oil as a general rule. Very good motors made by Ford.

Originally Posted By: czbrian
Are you planning on increasing you OCI at some point? Seems like the oil still has a lot of life in it.

Probably not. Since I didn’t stroke the check for it I do it like the folk that did want it done. Also if you look back trough the past reports it sometimes has pretty high idle times, so mileage probably isn’t the best indicator of oil use.

The OLM is a simple mileage counter near as I can tell.

I keep saying I am going to quit doing UOA’s on it, but curiosity always gets the better of me.

You might want to read the manual on the OLM. The newer Fords seem to include idle time and many other factors in the "life remaining" estimate. My F-150 does, but I'm not sure if the tech has flowed over to your model yet. My guess is it has... Either way, it seems like the OLM is on track for your driving conditions.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
The Duratec motors do well and are not hard on the oil as a general rule. Very good motors made by Ford.

Agreed, it is a good motor.

Originally Posted By: Onug
You might want to read the manual on the OLM. ....

I’ve read the manual - it is hogwash. The OLM counts down ~10% per 1000 miles it doesn’t matter if it has 254 idles hours or 74... I also don’t agree that it is on track for usage this time around. It would happily have let me run 10,000mi, 580+hrs with 384+hrs idle.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Based on the numbers presented, I don’t think the OLM factors in the idle hours.

Me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back