What circumstances would you run a boutique oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up here, I can get Royal Purple and Amsoil at prices relatively competitive to the mainstream competition. So, it's not totally out to lunch from my perspective. But, it is hard to justify the boutiques (or the majors at retail) when I'm getting Delvac 1 for $25 a jug every day of the week.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Never would.

Yep. Zero reasons to use boutique oil. Period.

the days of CJ-4 D1 jugs for $8 A/R are probably over, have 4 left in stock...save those for the ATV's.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Never would.

I mean, you can say that, but I listed two. Two isn't zero.
wink.gif

We're spoiled here with Fleet/Farm Citgo

Semi 5qt 1.99 A/R
Full 1qt 2.59 straight up

They also sale Mobil and all the Shell lines, they really got it going with the motor oil.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: KingCake
Never would.

I mean, you can say that, but I listed two. Two isn't zero.
wink.gif

I guess if you consider being a shill a valid excuse, then yeah.

Because I can. Because they're there. Because I'm curious. Because it will bake somene's noodle and internet-induced butt hurt is hilarious.

Because I won't, Because they aren't there, Because I could care less, Because I know better!

If they were given to me for free.

Nothing wrong with Shell Oils. I always like to say: good enough to win at Aussie V8's, Indy, Nascar, F1, WRC and LeMans, Good enough for me. It also seems to be good enough for Ferrari, Maserati, Doge SRT and Skoda OEM.

Not wasting my cash on boutiques, especially here in Aus where oil is expensive enough;)

Regards
Jordan

I have moved to Red Line because I can get 10W-30 with a 3.5 HTHS. I like this in my NSX and S2000. I'm not really sure it is any better than M1 0W-40, but I don't think it is any worse, either, and I don't care about the slight increase in cost.

I have used both boutique oils and the flavor of the month at wally world(take your pick)and both perform very well. I guess it comes down to because I can, and choose to regardless of cost. Honestly most oils are pretty darn good these days that it becomes a game of splitting hairs. I use Amsoil in one car and PP in another.

Sometimes things that have become habitual are hard to break after 12 years of use.
crazy2.gif

I'd use a boutique oil to save me the trouble of going to WalMart. Oh, I already do...if you consider Amsoil to be "boutique" that is....funny how everyone is commenting that they'd never use something - a thing that has not been clearly defined in this thread LOL

I'll use them if I get bored. My car only takes 4 quarts and i don't put a lot of miles on so oil cost isn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back