Let's talk Stanley cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: grampi
Red Wings haven't won squat since '08...how can you be sick of them?

I have a long memory, and a long memory of the media fawning over Scotty Bowman, which was a bit much.

You remember that too;)

Well, everyone that hates me for being Penguins fan can breathe now as Nashville Predators going to Weatern conference a finals against? Go OILERS
smile.gif

Love to see an Oilers, Penguins final. New vs the old; Crosby vs McDavid. Magic.

Oilers are up 5-0. Lucic just missed a tap in to close the period. Crosby needs to be careful and avoid another hard hit.

Originally Posted By: car51
You remember that too;)

Oh yes. He was everything to everyone back then. Oh, he had a great record, so many wins, they always said. Well, if you coached since the sport was invented, it's no surprise that you would amass wins.

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Love to see an Oilers, Penguins final. New vs the old; Crosby vs McDavid. Magic.

Oilers are up 5-0. Lucic just missed a tap in to close the period. Crosby needs to be careful and avoid another hard hit.

Oilers put a smack down on Ducks last night
wink.gif

Do or die for Capitals tonight

Yep, let in a few soft goals against a fast skating team like EDM forcing you to open up usually makes bad things worse. It certainly did. I expect a good bounce back by the Ducks but their game 7 home record is abysmal.

Nice PP goal by Washington. They need to start winning more faceoffs. The Pens are stuck in molasses. Hopefully they'll find their gear. Not looking too good.

Understandable, you're obviously a Punguins fan...

PENGUINS , yep
wink.gif

I believe everyone that's a hockey fan would like to see some different teams in the Stanley Cup don't you Grampi?

Before the NHL expanded in 1967, it must have been pretty boring with just 6 teams
wink.gif
[/quote]

I have a long memory, and a long memory of the media fawning over Scotty Bowman, which was a bit much.

I'd say it was justified...everywhere he went ended up with a Stanley Cup...

Yep, let in a few soft goals against a fast skating team like EDM forcing you to open up usually makes bad things worse. It certainly did. I expect a good bounce back by the Ducks but their game 7 home record is abysmal.

Nice PP goal by Washington. They need to start winning more faceoffs. The Pens are stuck in molasses. Hopefully they'll find their gear. Not looking too good.

Yeah, I sure as heavens name don't know why Penguins had a meltdown last night. They truly miss Kris Letang

Yeah, I sure as heavens name don't know why Penguins had a meltdown last night. They truly miss Kris Letang

Hopefully they'll do the same in game 7...

Well, well, well the ole Capitals choked big time for 2nd straight year. I hope the Capitals ownership takes a long look at players and cleans house. Winning the "presidents trophy" is like the kiss of death. Penguins vs Anaheim Ducks in Stanley Cup finals is my pick

The Pens Sens series will be interesting. I see it as a coin flip but I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa wins in 5 or 6. Their defence has been stingy, Karlsson has been on fire on 5 on 5, and they've won 5 OT games. Crosby is still a ? mark and they're really missing Letang on the back end. As a Leaf fan - God's team - it would pain me severely if Ottawa won. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Like I said, you coach for 100 years, you're bound to amass some statistics.
wink.gif

Like I said, you coach for 100 years, you're bound to amass some statistics.
wink.gif

Scotty Bowman won a Stanley Cup in every decade he was a coach, that's impressive

Except with the Buffalo Sabres...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back