Ratcheting Screwdriver similar to Wiha Ultradriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a screwdriver that is Similar to Wiha Ultradriver but ratcheting? From what I've read Wiha's bits are good quality. Other than not ratcheting the Ultradriver looks very nice. Thanks for your opinions.

Maybe not as slim, but I absolutely love my snap on full size ratcheting driver. It has bit storage in the back sort of like that, and the snap on bits are the best Ive used, especially for flat screws

I really do like the looks of the Insider 3. Highly regarded also. Hoping to find something more in the $50 range tho. Wonder how much I would regret if I purchased a non ratcheting screwdriver?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Maybe not as slim, but I absolutely love my snap on full size ratcheting driver. It has bit storage in the back sort of like that, and the snap on bits are the best Ive used, especially for flat screws

Snap-On SSDMR4B, I have three that are over 20 years old, great tool.

Originally Posted By: 2James1
I really do like the looks of the Insider 3. Highly regarded also. Hoping to find something more in the $50 range tho. Wonder how much I would regret if I purchased a non ratcheting screwdriver?

I never owned a ratcheting screwdriver, I have used them but found them a bit gimmicky. Finding a handle that fits well in your hand and is comfortable is half the battle with any screwdriver.

I noticed much to my dismay the bits are manufactured in Vietnam. Is this the case with all current Wiha bits? How are the quality?

Wiha and Wera are not the companies they once were, now they outsource a lot of stuff from all sorts of places. They have gone from top middle tier to bottom shelf middle tier tools. PB Swiss, Witte, Felo, Vessel are all top shelf drivers you can find them online in the US, PB Swiss and Vessel are my personal favorites.
I was a big fan of Hazet and Carl Walter screwdrivers but the Hazet seem a bit more brittle these days and the Walter are pretty much gone from the market, great drivers though.

anyone used the felo 61563 30piece insert bit set?

It looks a little short for my liking, good quality for sure but is that what you are looking for? The Snap-On is a good tool I would have no problem buying.
For "normal" screwdrivers these would be my choice to start with then add Torx or a bit set and other sizes like PH3.

https://www.amazon.com/PB-Swiss-8244-Slotted-Phillips/dp/B00314DY8C

Just for info. The PB use parallel ground tips and every driver has its own serial number etched in the metal, they can tell what steel it is and which foundry it came from and when it was forged, basically every single process in its manufacture is documented and traceable with this number. Amazons price is a steal.

http://www.pbtools.us/uploads/Serial_Number_Traceability.pdf

http://www.pbtools.us/uploads/PB_Parallel_Tip.pdf

Originally Posted By: Trav
anyone used the felo 61563 30piece insert bit set?

It looks a little short for my liking, good quality for sure but is that what you are looking for?

Well I would like the full sized handle version of the 61563 bur if it exists I can't find it. Or something similar to the Wiha Ultra but not in anyway manufactured on an eastern nation. I like the ratcheting of the insider 3 and the bit assortment of the felo 61563. (also the COO of both of them shows quality) Thought about maybe getting the full size 438 bit handle to supplement the set. I would really like the PB swiss insider 3 with the felo bit assortment or similar. I believe that is what is called Wine tastes and Beer budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back