Powder Coating - Which Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new oil pan for my PSD and I would have purchased a Mag-Hytec, but I wanted a bit more capacity than it has so I chose a No Limit Pan and it comes in raw aluminum. I am thinking I will have it powder coated, but there are number of choices on the market. I am just going with gloss black to match the other Mag-Hytec axle covers on the truck, but which type?

There is epoxy, urethane, polyester, ceramic, etc. Anyone have an experience to share? TIA!

17818484_213226605829721_7334404441791004672_n.jpg

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
For Al, Id do black anodize. No Paint
I am thinking that Mag-Hytec either powder coats or epoxy paints their covers. Why would you not powder coat aluminum?

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
Why the new oil pan?
I have disliked the 13QT capacity of the stock pan on the 6.7L engine since the first OC I did--something about having to take a single quart out of a 1 gallon or 2.5 gallon container seems silly with no forethought on the part of engineering versus what is in the marketplace for oil container sizes--it should have been 12QTs or 16QTs.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Uregina09
Why the new oil pan?
I have disliked the 13QT capacity of the stock pan on the 6.7L engine since the first OC I did--something about having to take a single quart out of a 1 gallon or 2.5 gallon container seems silly with no forethought on the part of engineering versus what is in the marketplace for oil container sizes--it should have been 12QTs or 16QTs.

Totally agree with you there. It is pretty nice that Ford did the lower pan that you can replace instead of pulling the engine like on the other diesels.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
For Al, Id do black anodize. No Paint
I am thinking that Mag-Hytec either powder coats or epoxy paints their covers. Why would you not powder coat aluminum?
Better lasting finish that is part of the material, better heat transfer OFF the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back