Pretty ships in world of warships

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I'm running the same upgrades as you are but I'm still on the (A) version of the ship. I haven't gone for propulsion or aiming system upgrade yet because I wanted to get into (B) hull first, as it massively improves the AA and other things as you've noted.

Smart move. How much more XP do you need?

Only ~1,200

I don't know what it is about taking my COLORADO out but a good % of the games I am winding up vs T9's and on maps I have never seen.
lol.gif

Having a bad night health wise so decided to jump on and play a couple games until my med's kick in. 1st game out of the shoot I went with COLORADO and this pops up
lol.gif

A T9 MISSOURI, a T9 DD, and 3 T8 BB's. The other 3 ships were me as a T7 BB and then 2 T7 DD's. About the worst MM I can think of for this ship.
lol.gif

And to make it even more special they spawned me off all alone again WAAAYYYY off by C. Happens to me all the time in the slow USN BB's. I feel like a piece of meat left out for a guard dog when that happens and I am heading to try and join up with friendly ships.

The game only lasted a hair over 6 minutes and by the time I caught up to the other ships and where the fight was( A & B )it was almost over. Got 3 salvos in total off and did a whopping 14K in damage to an AMAGI and bounced shells off a MISSOURI. That was it. Only made 1K in credits. Had a good shot ready to go at the enemy ALABAMA and just as I fired and the shells were on the way the game ended.
33.gif
lol.gif

Game ended with our team winning by getting caps and taking out enough of their ships they went down to 0 points. They still had 3 ships left. Couldn't believe how fast it went with so many T7-T9 BB's.

So yet another T9 MM for the COLORADO on a new map. This one was Loop. I don't think I have even heard of it before? Wonder what other surprises are ins tore for me as I pay a game or two here before the med's knock me out?
lol.gif

Last edited:
OK, upgraded BAYERN and BIG difference! Just had an "NHEMI" game with me being the only ship left and having another BAYERN and a Cruiser alive against me. Killed both of them and won the game, was awesome
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
OK, upgraded BAYERN and BIG difference! Just had an "NHEMI" game with me being the only ship left and having another BAYERN and a Cruiser alive against me. Killed both of them and won the game, was awesome
thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

It sure is a good feeling when you are the last one and pull it out. Gets old though when it happens as often as it does to me. Doesn't matter if it is Co-op or Random I seem to end up alone at the end
lol.gif

Now you will like BAYERN a lot more.

Not a bad time out in BAYERN again, almost at the arming system upgrade (9,000XP) already did the propulsion upgrade.

Hey guys. Long time no post.

Haven't been posting here as I had a really bad health episode with my MS in early May which has lead me to put my home of 41 years up for sale and move in with my Brother. This will be my only post for a while as my new "man cave/apartment" at my Brother's house is not ready yet and I try not to use my Brothers computer other than to check email.

However, I had to hook my system up to his internet in the office today so I could do an update to a client's website so while hooked up I took that opportunity to update WOWS( been a lot of patches since I last played and they take a long time to do so I didn't want to get too far behind ). When it was done I played a game to make sure everything worked. Man am I rusty. WOW!
lol.gif

Took out the T5 French Cruiser Emile Bertin as I figured it would be easiest to play a lower tier CL to reacquaint myself with the game. While I still remember how to play I am seriously out of practice. Little worse vision and reaction time now as well due to the MS episode which didn't help things. My aim was WAY off and all those instincts of when to dodge, swerve to miss torps, etc... are not there right now although as I played it started coming back to me. I did manage a win but it was a pathetic one.
lol.gif

Was a straight up T5 MM with 6 CL's and 2 DD's. I managed to kill 2 and damage 2 others but not a ton of damage caused overall. Came in 2nd on team. Not too bad I guess considering the MM and my long lay off. Will be a while before I post again and play again but hope to resume the running updates of game progress and match results here eventually. Going to re-up my premium membership that is expired as well once I resume as payout for standard/free just flat out sucks.
lol.gif

I am almost to the T8 USN BB NORTH CAROLINA( about 15K XP needed )so it shouldn't take long once I resume playing to get there. Can't wait to get that grind done when I get back playing again and get my 1st T8. Guess that is about it. Wanted to drop in with a quick update. Thanks to those who have PM'd asking if I was okay. Hope all of you are doing well. Later...

Freaking photobucket. Been using them for 12+ years for my "internet" photos and now they change the terms and want me to pay $400 a month to be able to show photos in places like this. NOT! All my photos in the above posts will show( takes you to the photobucket site and page for them )if you click the boxes. Will have to use anther site for future photos when I start up again. Really ticks me off.

This is sort of a test run trying out a new photo host. Had a chance to hook my system up so played a few games to get some screenshots to test post. Man have I got bad. WOW! LOL. Out of practice is an understatement. My best games would be below average pretty much before the layoff and had some really bad ones. Oh well it is just a game and it is still fun.

One Bayern game and one New Mexico game to test...

KCpkdvs.jpg

7KmLQKB.jpg

yovDHws.jpg

zo0Ja92.jpg

9zNWxGV.jpg

7kFe5zz.jpg

The man cave at my new place is still not ready yet but I finally sold my house so it shouldn't be much longer now as I have the cash to finish the room off now. I had the computer hooked up for a bit tonight though so I took the opportunity to play a few WOWS matches. Still rusty but did fairly well overall. Averaged about 75-80K in damage across the board, top 3 most games and usually 1 or 2, and averaged 2 kills p/ game. No real monster games but I was happy with the results. Wasn't a total embarrassment like the last time.
33.gif
lol.gif

Looking forward to the new BRN BB's that are due out here shortly. Will be fun to have another BB line to grind through. I will definitely buy the T7 Premium BRN BB Hood when they make it available again as well. I am also looking forward to finishing up the USN, IJN, and KM T7 BB's and moving to the T8's. Would have been there to all of them with ease by now if things hadn't gone south for me health wise. I am getting there though...

For the T8 USN BB North Carolina I only need 30K XP. I could do that in 1-2 days easy. For both the T8 KM BB Bismarck and the T8 IJN BB Amagi I am further off needing just under 80K XP for both. I will get the North Carolina then work on Bismarck and then Amagi. Well, unless the BRN BB's come out 1st and then I know I will play them a lot.
I have enough $$$ and Free XP that once I get the North Carolina I can fully upgrade it. Really looking forward to a USN BB that is faster than 21 knots!!!!!

Got quite a few CL's researched but just haven't bought them. I am still on my BB kick.
39.gif
crackmeup2.gif

So that is about it for now. Hoping to get back into it before too much longer. Miss playing it.

Couple decent games from tonight. Nothing earth shattering but not bad after the long layoff and how bad I have played the last couple times I tried it.

GNEISENAU 90K:
ySvCQfH.jpg

3D8XqNY.jpg

MRsbTIf.jpg

FUSO 130K:
eSVwNe7.jpg

1cixETj.jpg

CAP5KhT.jpg

Had a chance to jump on today and play for a bit. Did okay overall. Mostly average game( 50-90K ). Had a really good game in the T5 FRN CL Emile Bertin. Set my high score in that ship. Also had this joyful experience when I took out the T7 KM BB Gneisenau...
27.gif
lol.gif

5tfshst.jpg

Three T9's including 2 BB's. Seems more and more T9 ships are in Co-op now. Definitely a challenge. Those same guys said they regularly play T10 in Co-op so I am sure once I get the T8 North Carolina I will see some T10. OH BOY!.
39.gif

To make it even better it was Epicenter on Tears Of The Desert. Worst game mode in the game and worst map( that I have played anyway ). The team split in half and went left and right. Luckily the T9's were down the other end
lol.gif
I did okay. Nothing special but I haven't played Gneisenau for such a long time I was really rusty plus it's guns are awful. Did what I could...

rDvCzgE.jpg

0pv91cz.jpg

KWs6RkL.jpg

Had a decent game in the IJN T7 BB Nagato too. Went towards A with one of our BB's, our DD, and our 2 CL's. Our DD and one of our CL's charged ahead and got smoked. I tried to help but they got too far ahead. Next thing I know our other CL and the BB turn and leave me alone vs the enemy Aoba, Nagato, and Alabama. I was like WTH??? I hit the Aoba and then someone finished it from way off leaving me alone vs the 2 BB's. NO way to turn without getting lolpenned so I just went at them bow on and angled as best I could. When it was over I had sunk the Nagato, damaged the Alabama, and had 1100 HP left
lol.gif
. Had over 100 secondary hits so I was in close fighting. I don't like to brawl with Nagato as it's armor is awful but sometimes you have to.

I pretty much hid behind islands after that but did get a long shot in on a Hood at end of game. Was a decent game for me in Nagato. TBH I find the ship to fall far short of it's reputation. I like Colorado a lot more. Anyway...

RbHDFFA.jpg

WYhuEpE.jpg

2BFCUt5.jpg

Brings me to my high score in Emile Bertin. Was a Domination match on the map Straight. I was at A with our CV, DD, and CL. The CV obviously ran for the cover of islands and is no use ship vs ship. Both the DD and CL took off for B and left me alone at A. They died over there. Will never understand why people run off like that? I damaged the enemy CL before our CV took it out then I took on the 2 enemy BB's capping A and managed to torp them both to the bottom.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
I was then able to finish off the enemy CV to end game.

All in all a good day. Man cave is just about done so will be playing WOWS more soon. Will update when I next play...

Emile Bertin high score...

pjgCreM.jpg

oY2U29g.jpg

MucM4IF.jpg

Fleet Update:

The move is over and the man cave is done( well 95% or so ). My health has improved as well so I am now able to play the game when I want to once more. Was able to play a bit last night and today for a bit which let me finish the grind to the T8 USN BB North Carolina. I am really stoked as it is my 1st T8 ship in the game plus I was really close to it when I got sick and had to sell the house and such. Been a long time to wait but it is done. Just at the perfect time as well because the British BB's come out tomorrow and I will probably play that line a lot for a bit then I will start grinding to finish the KM T7 BB Gneisenau to get to the KM T8 BB Bismarck.

I decided to retire a ship too. The ol' T5 USN BB New York was sold. I have enough slow USN BB's in port with the T4 Wyoming, T6 New Mexico, and T7 Colorado. I just don't play it a lot anymore and I wanted the Capt for another ship as I had to shuffle my USN BB Captains around after getting the NC. So I sold it off. Was a good ship but it was time.

Finished the Colorado off in style too with a good 107K 3 Kill game...

VMComeb.jpg

ivWIyms.jpg

RGH3jDF.jpg

Here is the info on the North Carolina. Note the stats are for a fully upgraded ship and that I spec'd it for AA and concealment. I transferred my 12pt Colorado Captain with BFT/AFT to it as well. I blew a boat load of resources on it (no pun intended) but it is fully upgraded...

Ship: NORTH CAROLINA
Nation: United States Navy (USN)
Tier: 8
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 66,000 HP
Armor: 13-406MM / 21% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 27.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 13.8 seconds
Turning Radius: 760m

Main Armament: 3X3 406MM ( 2 turrets front/1 rear )
Main Gun Range: 23.3km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2.0 shots per min ROF / 30 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 293m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 13,100 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5700 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 10X2 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range: 6km

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
127MM = 11.1 shots per min ROF / 5.4 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
127MM = High Explosive(HE)

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
20MM = 44X1
40MM = 15X4
127MM = 10X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = AA Guns Modification 2
Slot 3 = Damage Control System Modification 1
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2
Slot 5 = Concealment System Modification 1

I also sprung for the premium/permanent Type 18 Camo for the ship which it is sporting in the port photos below. Seeing as I am mainly a Co-op player, and the payout after battles is so poor and the service fee so high, this was a must if I am to play the ship. Most likely I will lose credits playing the ship in Co-op a LOT even with this camo and flags that reduce service fee and boost credits. This may be as high as I advance in the USN BB line? We will see.

Haven't played it yet but as usual will post my 1st game results with it. This is the 1st "fast" USN BB in the game but it comes at the expense of armor plus this thing is HUGE with a big turning radius and slow rudder shift. Going to be interesting dodging torpedoes. The full AA spec and Capt with BFT/AFT should help keep the planes off at least.

So for now I will end with the usual port photos. Glad to be back at this and hope people still enjoy the posts...

yyunIY8.jpg

IImNHRf.jpg

b1yAdGU.jpg

r50HzzQ.jpg

TTt8Xyk.jpg

IV5ca1j.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY CANOLI BATMAN!!!
27.gif

Decided after posting above to go play 1 more game and get the 1st one in the NC under my belt. WOW! Never thought I would see multiple T10's in a Co-op game. Maybe a T9 now and then like I see with my T7's but not T10. Too $$$ to play there. Well snatch me bald headed if my 1st game doesn't plunk me smack into this...
lol.gif

xKXDq6f.jpg

The Yamato and I spawned down between C and D so I followed him. Teaming with the biggest guy on the block is always a good idea.
lol.gif
Unfortunately, we ran right into the enemy Yamato!!! I hit it 2X's, at a good angle, for NOTHING and then it swatted at me like a bug and took 1/2 my HP before our Yamato smoked it. Our Yamato helped me cap C then went off after the enemy CV leaving me alone vs a Missouri that appeared right after he took off. The CV and I got it but by then everyone was dead and we were down on points. Man the game went FAST!

I saw a NC in D so I went after it. Our CV hit it good then I finished it and capped D to get points in our favor. Came down to me and the CV and an enemy NC. I hit it once then the Cv got it just as I was ready to finish it.

I didn't do a ton of damage BUT I got 2 caps and lived for the win and came in 3rd. I actually made money too so looks like I can play the ship in Co-op after all. Hooray!

Not overly impressive but I was in shock seeing those T10's so I did okay in my book.
lol.gif

POj3LsW.jpg

iAVc2gy.jpg

4dSPlV3.jpg

Fleet Update.

The British Battleships are here!!!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Have 3 of them in port now including the mighty HMS Hood which I have been dying to get since 1st starting WOWS. It only made it to the game this past summer and I was sick and not playing when it was available. When I came back it was gone which sucked. It was released again with the BRN BB's though so I jumped on it and bought one. Cost me a ton of doubloons to buy the ship and shuffle and respect my BRN Capt's( wanted my highest point Capt for Hood ). Hood is my 1st premium ship purchased in the game. I HAD to have the ship!!! Time to go sink a Bismarck.
lol.gif

Note - Premium ships come fully upgraded other than the upgrade modules that let you spec the ship for certain playstyles. No upgraded guns, hulls, etc....

Ship: HOOD
Nation: British Royal Navy (BRN)
Tier: 7 Premium
Survivability(HP): 67,700 HP
Armor: 13-381MM / 18% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 32 knots
Rudder Shift: 10.7 seconds
Turning Radius: 910m
Detection Range Sea: 15.7
Detection Range Air: 13.9

Main Armament: 4X2 381MM ( 2 turrets front/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 18.6km
Shell Dispersion: 242m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 11,400 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5300 damage

Secondary Guns:
102MM = 7X2 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range: 6km

102MM = 22.2 shots per min ROF / 2.7 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

102MM = High Explosive(HE)

12.7MM = 4X4
40MM = 3X8
102MM = 7X2 ( dual purpose )
Mark 1 Rockets = 5X20

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = AA Guns Modification 2
Slot 4 = Steering Gears Modification 2

Port photos at bottom...

Also in port are the T3 BRN BB Bellerophon and the T5 BRN BB Iron Duke. I won the T5 BB as part of the BRN BB missions WOWS had. You could earn the T3, T4, and T5 and somehow I got the T5? I won't play it until I play the T3 and then move up to and play the T4 a bit though. I like to start at the beginning not jump in mid line. I will save the stats and port photos for when I actually will play the ship. I am starting a Capt with the T3 that I will move up the line as I go. Don't want to steal all my BRN CL Capt's for BB's. So for now here is the T3...

Note - I used free XP to fully upgraded the ship so the stats reflect maximum for it.

Ship: BELLEROPHON
Tier: 3
Survivability(HP): 38,100 HP
Armor: 10-305MM / 16% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 22.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 11.7 seconds
Turning Radius: 560m
Detection Range Sea: 13.7
Detection Range Air: 8.5

Main Armament: 5X2 305MM ( 1 turret front/2 wing/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 15km
Shell Dispersion: 210m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 8100 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5200 damage

Secondary Guns:
102MM = 14X1

Secondary Gun Range: 3km

102MM = 8 shots per min ROF / 7.5 seconds RL

102MM = High Explosive(HE)

40MM = 4X1
76.2MM = 2X1

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Damage Control System Modification 1

So there we go. Haven't played today. Got the Hood and have been respec'ing and doing this post. Will post 1st game results and impressions as usual after playing them. Looks like the USN T8 Bb North Carolina got 1 run and will now sit while I work on the Brit BB's.
lol.gif

Port photos below.

HMS Bellerophon:
blFYwj2.jpg

xqHiBsz.jpg

XkUtcvE.jpg

XDyDTXA.jpg

1o2zWBe.jpg

hrg5S1u.jpg

HMS Hood:
DV4uOnq.jpg

zoFPLJg.jpg

QtL5ZZW.jpg

CdrytyT.jpg

3Yq8dcB.jpg

S7oDMgI.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I love me some Hood!!!
lol.gif

Played 1st game and I love it love it love it. Fast as can be, very tanky, and the guns are very accurate. Not a lot of citadel hits but tons of 10-15K salvos. I did get a really good hit on the enemy Cv at end of game with a cit and 23K in damage to almost sink it though. Really GOOD ship. Also made very good $$$ so what they say about premiums being money makes even in Co-op is true.

Not a monster game but not bad for 1st one in it. Gun lead takes a bit of getting used to but when you do it right and they hit = OUCH!
lol.gif

Played the T3 Bellerophon too but not worth posting the results. A win and I lived but a poor outing.

Hood 1st Game:
PvSRLF1.jpg

9h3MSVy.jpg

iNeJnfI.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got one I can post for Bellerophon. Hard ship to do damage in. It's fast and very well armored but the guns just don't do a lot of damage and have a LONG 30 second reload for a T3. It actually does better firing HE and setting fires than using AP and crushing things. It's a T3 though so the guns are supposed to be bad. Haven't played a T3 BB for so long I forgot how bad they actually are.
lol.gif

vAOgCfs.jpg

o4sKYbI.jpg

0nAOmQp.jpg

Last edited:
Fleet Update:

I have finished the T3 BRN BB Bellerephon and am now at the T4 BRN BB Orion. THANK GOD! I actually like the ship all but for the gun damage. Just awful shell performance. Made playing it frustrating and painful. Last game turned out to be my best in it and I STILL couldn't do better than 3rd...?

rudSHz7.jpg

qscbnCU.jpg

Da0amDB.jpg

So I have sold the Bellerophon and transferred the Capt to the T4 Orion. Orion is almost identical to Bellerophon except that it has better guns. At least it seems that way based on the one game I have played in it. They are larger and when you hit something they actually cause damage and even citadels which the Bellerophon doesn't do.

1st game in Orion went really fast (enemy team got to 0 and game ended with 2 ships left) and I didn't do a lot of damage but still came in 2nd. I even managed to dev strike a KM T4 CL (Karlsruhe) that was at about 80%+ health. 2 citadels and just smoked it. More what I am used to with BB guns. Only 1 game but looks promising.

xgJiLN5.jpg

DmmTMnb.jpg

Eetf5JA.jpg

Anyway, here are the stats and port shots...

Note - I used free XP to fully upgraded the ship so the stats reflect maximum for it.

Ship: ORION
Tier: 4
Survivability(HP): 42,700 HP
Armor: 13-305MM / 16% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 22 knots
Rudder Shift: 12.5 seconds
Turning Radius: 610m
Detection Range Sea: 14.4km
Detection Range Air: 10km

Main Armament: 5X2 343MM ( 2 turrets front/1 middle/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 16.7km
Shell Dispersion: 227m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 9500 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5900 damage

Secondary Guns:
102MM MKVII = 16X1
102MM MKXIX = 4X2 (dual purpose)

Secondary Gun Range:
102MM MKVII = 3.5km
102MM MKXIX = 3.5km (dual purpose)

102MM MKVII = 8 shots per min ROF / 7.5 seconds RL
102MM MKXIX = 20 shots per min ROF / 3 seconds RL (dual purpose)

102MM MKVII = High Explosive(HE)
102MM MKXIX = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)

12.7MM = 4X4
40MM = 4X1

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Damage Control System Modification 1

BRN T4 ORION
E3ItMIv.jpg

HQyu3Cw.jpg

hKcM7jt.jpg

Br0oPYz.jpg

GoDAodf.jpg

t5PUofA.jpg

Yup, Orion is a HUGE improvement over the T3. 2nd game was what I am used to doing. Thinking I might hang onto it for another T4 BB to go with Wyoming. Guns are really good unlike the T3 BRN BB. These hit HARD! Have seen enough to let me know it is a good ship and how it will play. Going to try out the T5 Iron Duke I won that I haven't played yet.

2nd game in Orion...

O2hEQrg.jpg

sDQF8AK.jpg

4iVdQT7.jpg

Fleet Update:

Here is the T5 BRN BB Iron Duke...

Ship: IRON DUKE
Tier: 5
Survivability(HP): 47,100 HP
Armor: 13-305MM / 18% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 22.5 knots
Rudder Shift: 13.2 seconds
Turning Radius: 650m
Detection Range Sea: 14.5km
Detection Range Air: 10km

Main Armament: 5X2 343MM ( 2 turrets front/1 middle/2 rear )
Main Gun Range: 16.8km
Shell Dispersion: 212m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 9900 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5900 damage

Secondary Guns:
102MM = 4X2 (dual purpose)
152MM = 12X1

Secondary Gun Range:
102MM = 4.7km (dual purpose)
152MM = 4.7km

102MM = 22.2 shots per min ROF / 2.7 seconds RL (dual purpose)
152MM = 7.8 shots per min ROF / 7.7 seconds RL

102MM = High Explosive(HE) (dual purpose)
152MM = High Explosive(HE)

12.7MM = 4X4
40MM MKVII = 4X4
40MM MKVIII = 2X8

Mounted Modules:
Slot 2 = Aiming Systems Modification 1

This should be the last fleet update for a while. I have really blown through the resources with the purchase and upgrading of the North Carolina, Hood, and the T3, T4, and T5 British BB's. Time to play the ships I have for a while and rebuild those resources. Port photos of the Iron Duke below. Will add 1st game results later after dinner.

BRN T5 BB Iron Duke:

eefEEbi.jpg

xFyImre.jpg

p0r5env.jpg

8DnpVCL.jpg

8W5fdUv.jpg

OyRFpBs.jpg

Back