Recommended tire pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two girls bikes that need to be inflated up to 40 psi. I have an old compressor that limits psi to 31; it won't go over that. I'd like to get the tires up to their recommended PSI, so I'll want a hand pump.

This isn't anything that would need to go on a bike frame--it could just stay in my garage, but I'd like to be able to work a hand pump to get a tire up to at least 40 psi.

Cheap is nice, but not at the expense of durability. I don't need lots of gizmo options---just a good old fashioned pump.

Any recommendations? If I could get something below $30 that would be great.

The vertical push down types fill faster but are hard to push and awkward to hunch over.

I like the foot pumps. They will also do 60-70 psi for your compact spare.

I have worn them out but it's probably because I use them much more than my vertical one. Don't rely on any built in gauge.

I'm happy with the Topeak Joe Blow Sport - if you can find it on sale at the local LBS/REI or Amazon, it's a good solid pump. No "automatic" chuck to break and it's built well for the price.

Every serious rider I can think of used a Joe Blow.
I bought two when I used to ride a lot, one for home and one for work...the one at work ended up at the condo, but, unfortunately, neither one has gotten much use in a couple of years. I find them to be very solid units that just work, had some odd brand when I first bought a road bike as an adult that was a big PITA to connect with Presta valves...it was very expensive but some bike shop owner talked me into it, ended up giving it away and buying my first Joe Blow.

My wife and I have THREE hand bike pumps. My wife is an avid biker and has an expensive German made Rennkompressor floor bike pump, I have my Chinese made Bell hand pump I got at Wal-Mart and an American made Air Power America I got at Wal-Mart for $9 to carry in a Subaru long ago.

The Cheap BELL pump is my favorite.

If you like made in America, look no further: https://www.amazon.com/Power-America-7500-MaxAir-High/dp/B000BYM4UE

Originally Posted By: nthach
I'm happy with the Topeak Joe Blow Sport - if you can find it on sale at the local LBS/REI or Amazon, it's a good solid pump. No "automatic" chuck to break and it's built well for the price.

I have this one as well and it works great.

Joe Blow bike pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back