Diften Window Regulator Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble finding the right window regulator (manual) for a '93 Nissan Sentra 2-door, Nissan part number 8070064Y00. I've ordered online from 3 different dealers and each time have had the order canceled, stating the item is no longer available or has been discontinued. Prices have been ~$90 with shipping.

Amazon has a Diften brand window regulator for under $40 shipped. Is Diften pretty good quality or should it be avoided? I'm having trouble finding other brands that make window regulators for this car. According to the Dorman website even they don't make a window regulator for this model.

I might be able to source the OEM regulator, but the price would probably be $98.78 MSRP + shipping. That is if the order doesn't once again get canceled after placing.

TIA

The car is almost 25 model years old. Buy the Difton while you can. There are some shady OEM online parts sellers that will sell you an OEM part and give you an aftermarket replacement. Don't get too exited when and if you find the $$ OEM part.

Sounds like the nissan just-in-time inventory API needs some work as well.

+2, get the aftermarket part.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Go to Mexico.That generation Sentra is still sold down there new.

Yes, the good old Nissan Tsuru. I've known about them from reading about the headlight conversions.

Ending production in May '17. Pretty sure those are only 4-door models and the 2-door uses a different part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back