Valvetrain pic, UK Essex V6, 20W-50 Dino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCD

Picture from today, 20W-50 Dino since August 2015, total of 5L of make up oil added, so an entirely new sump full of oil over last year.
90-100k miles on engine, engine is at least 36 years old, i don't know the exact mileage or year the engine was made because it's not the original one.
Under rocker covers by Capri Driver, en Flickr
Pretty good i think for a low tech 20W-50 Dino juice.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Look very good. Deposits are maybe about the add pak, not so much about the base oils ...

Base oil is very important in preventing deposits.

Last edited:
Yah with a little bit of sludge in the corners was the valve train when I opened up the VC to set the valve at 300K for the first time on the Borman 6. That was my first 528e.

Engines don't really have to be pristine to run alright, i'll continue using 20W-50 Dino but Valvoline VR1 rather than cheap Shell stuff, the engine seems to like it.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Engines don't really have to be pristine to run alright, i'll continue using 20W-50 Dino but Valvoline VR1 rather than cheap Shell stuff, the engine seems to like it.

There's working surfaces and nooks and crannies...although I like clean nooks and crannies, working surfaces are where it's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back