K&N new box compares to orange can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of you see these in your local store yet? It appears K&N is comparing its $15+ filter to a $4 Fram extra guard, which is actually higher efficiency I might add.

They're at least being honest. The other filter says, "Typical economy filter".

Same thing as when synthetics (pick your brand) say, "[better] when compared to conventional oils..."

Fram probably won't, but I can't wait when they compare the ultra with the K&N. They should include micron ratings.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It appears K&N is comparing its $15+ filter to a $4 Fram extra guard, which is actually higher efficiency I might add.

Source?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It appears K&N is comparing its $15+ filter to a $4 Fram extra guard, which is actually higher efficiency I might add.

Source?

The extra guard is 95.7 @ 20 microns per Fram. The K&N even when made by champion labs was only 95% @ 20 microns before the changed it.

cheap Korean K&N's inferior to a $3 filter
lol.gif

I would definitely run the more efficient and far cheaper orange can rather than this overpriced K&N. Nothing wrong with the orange can, other than the nitrile ADBV not being as well suited towards extended drain applications as silicone (for applications where the ADBV is relevant). Besides, for extended drain intervals there's always the Tough Guard for just a little more money or the Ultra, both offering the silicone ADBV and better efficiency.

Of course, good marketing can sell anything... and K&N is very good at marketing.

Originally Posted By: jim302
I would definitely run the more efficient and far cheaper orange can rather than this overpriced K&N. Nothing wrong with the orange can, other than the nitrile ADBV not being as well suited towards extended drain applications as silicone (for applications where the ADBV is relevant). Besides, for extended drain intervals there's always the Tough Guard for just a little more money or the Ultra, both offering the silicone ADBV and better efficiency.

Of course, good marketing can sell anything... and K&N is very good at marketing.

Letting the cat out of the bag, The Orange Can of Delight gets a silicone ADBV this fall!

Standardizing on one material for the ADBV must be more economical.

I'd rather see the Ultra get a silicone base seal, though. It would make it much easier to remove when it comes time.

No doubt that for filter cans, Fram Ultra cannot be beat.

But for cartridge filters, when I was in Walmart recently, the K&N was the best quality and price on the shelf vs Fram Extra Guard and M1.

The Ultra cartridge was not available and was probably higher quality, but it was very expensive.

Originally Posted By: Motorking

Letting the cat out of the bag, The Orange Can of Delight gets a silicone ADBV this fall!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Originally Posted By: Motorking

My Ford thanks you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back